X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars for Sale @ BaT!

Click image for larger version  Name:	BAT 70t 4-20-2022.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.9 KB ID:	273​​​Thinking we should have a thread (sticky) for just BAT cars for comments etc, but should it one for long hoods and another for all others? What about the parts side? Sport Seats, Solex carbs, toolkits etc are showing up. I'm also got a car going there shortly so, do I post it here with a link, or do I put it in as a separate thread with pics etc.?

Here's a 911T that just showed up.
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-porsche-911t-42/

How do you save and upload a webp file from BAT? Not an IT guy (obviously....)

Edit: Ok, I used the snipping tool, but couldn't figure out how to edit the thread post to move the pic to the bottom of the post....so it's "stuck" at the top. Sorry, this is probably simple for everyone else..clearly my inexperience is showing....

EDIT!!! This car was imported through my dad's dealership.... see the image of the invoice a few posts below...

E
    soterik
    HTH....!
    Last edited by soterik; 04-20-2022, 06:47 PM.
    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Yep. This would be a great place to document/discuss cars listed for sale on Bring a Trailer. I'll make it a sticky.

As for your personal car, I'd recommend a new topic in this section with a link to the auction. I think that'll get you the most exposure.

As for webp images, kind of a PITA. Here's one option:

https://www.howtogeek.com/325864/how...s-jpeg-or-png/

Also, on a PC, you can use the Snipping Tool to snip an image from any web page and save it to your PC.

Comment

Excellent idea Eric.

Much easier to cross reference when we want to realistically price things.

Simple formula: Final BaT price minus 10%.
      20% on sport seats.
      30% on improperly done sport seats.
      Frank Beck
      Banned
      Last edited by Frank Beck; 04-20-2022, 10:59 AM.
      Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
      Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Well, I looked a bit more carefully at the information on the red 911T I had listed and a few things looked rather familiar. Turns out the car came through my dad's dealership. Only one piece of paperwork, but it mentions all the salient items. Click image for larger version

Name:	Auto Foreign Red 1970 911T.jpg
Views:	925
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	310
        Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
        autoforeign@gmail.com
        67S's......

Comment

I inspected this car when it was owned by Jack Anderson circa ~2011 in Gig Harbor. Very nice car, someone has done some sympathetic clean up type items to it since then. Should have bought it but back then there were enough cars that we could turn our noses up at Bahia...

Comment

this one was a surprise.
            https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ign=2022-04-14

Comment

Originally posted by CVLC View Post
              I inspected this car when it was owned by Jack Anderson circa ~2011 in Gig Harbor. Very nice car, someone has done some sympathetic clean up type items to it since then. Should have bought it but back then there were enough cars that we could turn our noses up at Bahia...
              What's wrong with Bahia? It's the best early RED, and pretty RARE at that.....
              Formerly, 69Sman, now RuF RS.
              Bahia Red 72S
              PTS Meerblau 991.2 Speedster
              Audi RS6 Avant (Daily.)
              INCOMING: PTS Black Olive 992 GT3 w WING and PDK

Comment

Speaking of Bahia, and BAT......stay tuned for a possible pleasant surprise....
                Bahia Red 72S
                Audi RS6 Avant (Daily.)

Comment

Originally posted by soterik View Post
                  ​​​Thinking we should have a thread (sticky) for just BAT cars for comments etc, but should it one for long hoods and another for all others? What about the parts side? Sport Seats, Solex carbs, toolkits etc are showing up. I'm also got a car going there shortly so, do I post it here with a link, or do I put it in as a separate thread with pics etc.?

Here's a 911T that just showed up.
                  https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-porsche-911t-42/
                  Sold for $127,500 plus $5,000 commission. Doesn't seem out of line to me. Especially for BaT.

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post

Sold for $127,500 plus $5,000 commission. Doesn't seem out of line to me. Especially for BaT.
                    Agreed. NOW...let'w discuss THIS ONE: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-911s-coupe-7/

First item to catch my EYE: the name John Esposito.
                    Bahia Red 72S
                    Audi RS6 Avant (Daily.)

Comment

So JP...is this thread going to be BaT cars, or just BaT stuff...seats, carbs, etc?
                      And there is nothing wrong with Bahia Red.
                      I have a 70 S Bahia Red coupe Frank let me acquire that is next in the resto queue.
                      Definitely a more palatable color than Sepia Brown...just say'in.

Comment

Welcome Lars!
                        I will never understand why your username is your favorite evening wear.

When someone bashes Bahia Red they can't be serious. It has to be one of the best period colors.
                        Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
                        Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Originally posted by speedo View Post
                          So JP...is this thread going to be BaT cars, or just BaT stuff...seats, carbs, etc?
                          I vote BaT everything but happy to go with the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven S. RUFRS View Post
                            First item to catch my EYE: the name John Esposito.
                            Boy, the Esposito story, huh? Like a slow motion train crash.

I don't get this car. That's a lot of $$ into a car with a non-matching engine. And then to choose almost everything else to be stock? I think the market is loving both highly original cars and well done hotrods right now. This one isn't either. Will be interesting to watch. You never know with a silver car. They seem to go both ways.

Comment

Maybe this forum needs its own Esposito thread.

Seriously, I visited Esposito's shop years ago and saw decent work in progress. It seems that the shop went bad at some point. It would help to hear from someone who knows the story first-hand, and not just the bad stuff. Anyone know the exact name of the business?

The car looks very nice, though I'm not a fan of overly restored cars. The car was modified for track use. Esposito had a Cellette, so it might have been correctly restored. Or not.
                              Former British Leyland mechanic, remember them?
                              Long Beach, CA

Comment

Working...
                              X