X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-rs-tribute/

Interesting RS tribute build (with 2.45 engine) which sold for $255K!

Comment

• Originally posted by rgupta250 View Post
      https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-rs-tribute/

Interesting RS tribute build (with 2.45 engine) which sold for $255K!
      Weird they spent so much and didn't do 2.7 RS engine. He says he wanted the torque of the 2.4, but the 2.7 has way more torque.
      Lovely car though. You never know with BAT.

Comment

• What went wrong, or right, with this one? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...911s-coupe-21/
        Former British Leyland mechanic, remember them?
        Long Beach, CA

Comment

• Sign of the times + it’s Light Yellow which is one click above Sepia. Both are ugly.
          Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
          Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

• BAT is all over the place, seems like hot rods are well loved there. The kondrasheim yellow RS sold well there just a few days go, someone needs to run AI on them to better understand the variables.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Beck View Post
              Sign of the times + it’s Light Yellow which is one click above Sepia. Both are ugly.
              haha let's hear your whole scale on colors

Click image for larger version

Name:	hagerty.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	8782
              On a serious note; why has Hagerty a premium on bright colors? like yellow

Comment

• maybe think of Hagerty in the big picture.
                they very willingly want to see your car repaired as best as possible.
                ultimately, this is because all cars insured by them is their portfolio.
                If their portfolio gains in appreciated value as your car becomes more valuable
                they ultimately make more money as you raise your coverage to keep up with market value
                i think it is a wonderful business model ,but what do i know......

Comment

• Originally posted by gtBen View Post

haha let's hear your whole scale on colors

Click image for larger version

Name:	hagerty.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	8782
                  On a serious note; why has Hagerty a premium on bright colors? like yellow
                  Well… it IS Hagerty. Not exactly the gold standard for accuracy.
                  I definitely disagree with their “+10% for 5-speed”. Should read “-20% for Sportomatic.” As for color? Yellow is the new brown.
                  Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

• I am not a great fan of Albert Blue, but something tells me that I should be. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-porsche-911t-68/

$171,911 strikes me as a high price for a 71 T. Can someone explain, please?
                    Long Beach, CA

Comment

• Buyer’s funds are being wired from SVB.

The fact that there are people out there that pay 100k for “a story” prove we live in an altered reality.
                      Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Beck View Post
                        Buyer’s funds are being wired from SVB.

The fact that there are people out there that pay 100k for “a story” prove we live in an altered reality.
                        I see a good story, but not a great one. I still don't get it.
                        Long Beach, CA

Comment

• Irrational Exuberance?
                          There have been several recent sales on BAT that don't pencil out.

Comment

• This one deserves a discussion imho.... 1967 911S original paint.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...omments-anchor

Claims to have wheels by Harvey.. imho, they weren't done by him. I have had many sets of 4.5's done by Harvey and that's not the way he does them. Interior looks great, very original. Imho they don't have a very complete photo record that a person who wanted to detail originality would want (I guess that's me...). No driving video either as of this post.

E
                            soterik
                            HTH....!
                            Last edited by soterik; 06-11-2023, 05:14 PM.
                            Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
                            autoforeign@gmail.com
                            67S's......

Comment

• Originally posted by soterik View Post
                              This one deserves a discussion imho.... 1967 911S original paint.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...omments-anchor

Claims to have wheels by Harvey.. imho, they weren't done by him. I have had many sets of 4.5's done by Harvey and that's not the way he does them. Interior looks great, very original. Imho they don't have a very complete photo record that a person who wanted to detail originality would want (I guess that's me...). No driving video either as of this post.

E
                              Questions about the quality of renovation of the machinery? Why did the suspension parts need to be repainted? That muffler tip? : )

I have two 1973s with original exhaust systems. Why a replacement on this one? Were the 1967 heat exchangers short lived? Was this car stored in a damp place?

One of the best preserved SWBs I have seen was Brad Ripley's 1967 911, bought new at Stoddard, or so I was told. The car had been parked for 20 or 30 years, after it burned a piston. The car was stored in an unheated barn with a wood floor in central Massachusetts. It was cleaner underneath than this car and none of the components needed repainting. I don't recall whether the exhaust survived.
                              Last edited by Tom F2; 06-13-2023, 01:12 PM.
                              Long Beach, CA

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom F2 View Post

Questions about the quality of renovation of the machinery? Why did the suspension parts need to be repainted? That muffler tip? : )

I have two 1973s with original exhaust systems. Why a replacement on this one? Were the 1967 heat exchangers short lived? Was this car stored in a damp place?

One of the best preserved SWBs I have seen was Brad Ripley's 1967 911, bought new at Stoddard, or so I was told. The car had been parked for 20 or 30 years, after it burned a piston. The car was stored in an unheated barn with a wood floor in central Massachusetts. It was cleaner underneath than this car and none of the components needed repainting. I don't recall whether the exhaust survived.
                                Yah,... I think there's a fair amount to at least ask about a bit more. One of the reasons to replace an exhaust and heat exchangers is condensation and rusting from the inside out.. particularly if the car was only used on short runs and the system didn't heat up enough. Looking at the undercarriage, I don't think there's too much to really question, but I do wonder how the car was stored and if it was damp underneath, perhaps no vapor barrier on a concrete floor etc., and that's another way the heat exch and exhaust could have suffered, and the suspension as well. And for that matter.. the gas tank was also replaced, possibly due to corroding from the inside out from condensation?

I'd like to see if the engine compartment has the original soundpad (should...), whether the speed nuts holding on the badging on the engine lid are the original black round rubber type, whether the front bumper guards have vented chrome backs on them. Do bolts holding the grill on the engine lid have remnants of white paint on the tips? (Haven't heard about that one??) Is there a washer bottle in the trunk? And is there a dated washer pump in there? How come not a single soul has mentioned the black wiper arms yet? I will say the interior looks great. Looks like it has the correct rear view mirror (the kind that Juche_Namja would sell for like $10,000).

I hope it brings all the $$, very few original paint early cars around.

Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
                                autoforeign@gmail.com
                                67S's......

Comment

Working...
                                X