Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Additional Rules for this Particular Road

Some Additional Rules for this Particular Road

The 911 classified are provided as a free service to our members. In addition to our Rules of the Road, we kindly request that you observe Some Additional Rules for this Particular Road:
    • Please follow the Golden Rule. If you don’t know what the Golden Rule is, please call your parents and ask them how they missed this.
    • Please include a price when listing your item.
    • Please specify any additional costs in your ad (shipping, transaction fees, etc.).
    • Links to auction sites like BaT and eBay do not require that you list a price.
    • “What’s it worth?” posts belong in the General Discussion forum.
    • Please limit yourself to 5 bumps. If your item hasn’t sold after 5 bumps, your price is probably too high.
    • Please do not delete prices after your item sells as pricing history can be valuable to your fellow members.
    • Photos are not required but are highly recommended for all ads.
    • Please mark your listing as SOLD when your item sells.
    • Lastly, Caveat emptor. Let the buyer beware. The Early 911 Registry makes no warranties or representations regarding items listed in our classifieds.

My dad told me that the “Golden Rule” was, He who has the gold makes the rules. I’m guessing that’s NOT what you mean. ? jk JP!

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2mny View Post
      My dad told me that the “Golden Rule” was, He who has the gold makes the rules. I’m guessing that’s NOT what you mean. ? jk JP!
      Golden Rule 2.0! Your dad wasn't 100% wrong, that's for sure!

Comment

So.... take a bet on who posts parts first?... Juche Namja or Enoz05.....
        Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
        autoforeign@gmail.com
        67S's......

Comment

Originally posted by soterik View Post
          LOL! Even money...

Comment

Enoz05 just joined, Welcome!! (sincerely...)

autoforeign@gmail.com
            67S's......

Comment

I have the suspicion that I am not welcome here

Comment

Originally posted by enoz05 View Post

Not true at all, I would think you are very welcome, sincerely. I just think you should be a "vendor", like me. That's my opinion, but we'll see what JP says in terms of where he thinks you should post your parts. The problem on the ESR was that YOU could post parts that I made, but I couldn't....

autoforeign@gmail.com
                67S's......

Comment

Not true at all, I would think you are very welcome, sincerely. I just think you should be a "vendor", like me. That's my opinion, but we'll see what JP says in terms of where he thinks you should post your parts. The problem on the ESR was that YOU could post parts that I made, but I couldn't....
                  The definition of a vendor is
                  "someone who sells things as a profession"
                  But I don't do this for my profession, so I'm not a vendor in my opinion. I only do this as a hobby

Comment

The definition of a vendor is
                    "someone who sells things as a profession"
                    But I don't do this for my profession, so I'm not a vendor in my opinion. I only do this as a hobby
                    I only do this as a hobby as well, if I didn't have my "day job" (managing our real estate portfolio) and my wife with her position in a large commercial real estate company "this hobby" wouldn't exist. That being said, I'm happy to be a "vendor".

autoforeign@gmail.com
                    67S's......

Comment

Not at all, Enoz. As Eric said, you're very welcome here and we very much want you to list your parts in our classifieds.

You may not be aware, but the old hangout did a terrible job of supporting specialty vendors like Eric to the detriment of us all. We want to be different and we're not interested in arbitrary lines drawn between enthusiasts and vendors with no middle ground and no recognition for the good guys who not only sell us great parts, but also share their knowledge and experience. Eric has been kind enough to indulge me with conversations about how we make these forums work for everyone - guys like him, guys like you, and everyone else - and I'd invite you to share your thoughts as well. Early days here, but I'm sure we'll figure this out to everyone's benefit.

So then, LONG story short, please DO post your parts and welcome to the new registry!
                      JP
                      aka LiveFromNY
                      Last edited by JP; 04-21-2022, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post

So then, LONG story short, please DO post your parts and welcome to the new registry!
                        Ok, Thanks

Comment

I doubt that.
                          It may be a hobby but the amount of stuff that you sell - or i'd call it better trade as you buy and sell and make a margin on it - is beyond a hobby scale in my opinion.
                          I think you should step up implement a business and pay taxes for your "hobby" and live with the liabilities you're prone to as a business.
                          But that's just my opinion I could be wrong.
                          And please write that it's a repop if you sell a repop.
                          So what amount of adds or sales is still a hobby? If somebody compiles the amount of adds you post on various forums and compiles the amount of sold items I'd say it's clearly a hidden business.
                          Last edited by uai; 04-21-2022, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by uai View Post

I doubt that.
                            It may be a hobby but the amount of stuff that you sell - or i'd call it better trade as you buy and sell and make a margin on it - is beyond a hobby scale in my opinion.
                            I think you should step up implement a business and pay taxes for your "hobby" and live with the liabilities you're prone to as a business.
                            But that's just my opinion I could be wrong.
                            And please write that it's a repop if you sell a repop.
                            So what amount of adds or sales is still a hobby? If somebody compiles the amount of adds you post on various forums and compiles the amount of sold items I'd say it's clearly a hidden business.
                            I don't know how it works in Germany, but in Belgium you are considered a vendor if this is your profession or as a secondary occupation. You are required to have a VAT number and it is best to hire an accountant to declare your income and expenses to the tax authorities. In my case, I have no VAT number and no accountant and I only sell parts as a hobby, which is perfectly legal.
                            You've always commented on the parts I offer for as long as I've "know" you, and I don't think this will ever change. Perhaps some good advice for the future, mind your own business and not anyone else's.

Comment

I don't know how it works in Germany, but in Belgium you are considered a vendor if this is your profession or as a secondary occupation. You are required to have a VAT number and it is best to hire an accountant to declare your income and expenses to the tax authorities. In my case, I have no VAT number and no accountant and I only sell parts as a hobby, which is perfectly legal.
                              You've always commented on the parts I offer for as long as I've "know" you, and I don't think this will ever change. Perhaps some good advice for the future, mind your own business and not anyone else's.
                              Since when is dealing a hobby?
                              Collecting, restoring, etc. but dealing or flipping is not a hobby. Sure that an occasional buy sale transaction is included, but you only deal.
                              If someone tries to sell repops and doesn't mention it's a repop I feel free to point out that this is a repop and the seller isn't disclosing.
                              Especially if the seller even claims it's NOS
                              In germany it doesn't matter if you do it legally or not as soon as your sales exceed a certain amount (and that's a 4 digit figure / year) it's a business and you'll have to tax your gains - prhaps you'd want to check with belgium too. Your path is on the internet in thousands of ads...
                              How about if you have bumped an item 5 times you don't advertise it never ever again instead of marking sold and/or just re-listing it?
                              If you're really interested I could write a bot harvesting your ads and we'll see what amount you have traded in the last e.g. 10 years.
                              Just a quick check more than 1000 for sale ads in 8 years on one platform only, there are others too...
                              Last edited by uai; 04-21-2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X