X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Early 911 Chassis Dolly

Looking to buy one. Three or Four caster, I don't have a preference. Obviously looking local, say within 75 mile radius of Santa Cruz, CA.

Yeah, I know they're cheap to buy new. Before I go and over build something, thought I'd throw out some feelers.

Whatchoo Got?

Begs the question…whatcha’ building?!

Comment

I wasn't happy with the looks of the Stoddard dolly, liked the design of the factory tricycles, but wanted it to be inter-changeable with 911-914-356 chassis so I designed and built my own collapsible dolly. Very pleased with the outcome and so far it has been used on the resto of a 911 and 914-6. I also took into consideration the ability to transfer the "patient" from my 2-post lift to the dolly and then the reverse...dolly back to the two post, as well as dolly to rotisserie and back. Word of caution, buy four of the largest diameter solid rubber swivel-locking dollys you can find. Initially I had planned to use only two swivelling casters to steer, but having four steering casters allows you to move in any direction to park whatever chassis is on the dolly to create room. I realize this isn't exactlywhat you were hoping to hear...but in the end it was pretty inexpensive for the steel (pre-inflation) and welding gas, and the casters were worth it. Easily fits in the back of a small SUV too.

Comment

Originally posted by NickP View Post
        Begs the question…whatcha’ building?!
        A certain '70S that is pretty much completely torn down and paint half stripped. Now that the house remodel is nearly complete,,,,,, Time to get it moved out of the back of the garage and into open space to get back on it.. Hoping for something rugged enough that I could keep the chassis on to move to a paint shop after I have it mostly prepped.

Just got back from Werks,,, Thought I might have seen you departing, riding shotgun?? Maybe your doppleganger?? Ran into Chris P... Talked to him for a bit. The blue beast is in good hands.

Comment

Last call,,,,

Comment

Working...
          X