First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Sport Seats on BAT,.....

Not mine!!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/porsche-seats/

Set of sport seats over on BAT with non correct sliders. Comment brought up by Frank on the recliners, and I think the market needs to know that the aftermarket recliners are about as perfect as you can get without throwing too much money at them from a tooling aspect. The finish is incorrect on them, but that's an easy fix. I think with the finish corrected that they would fool most anyone with the exception of Tony/Frank/Mark Allen et al. I have talked to Tony about doing a run of 67 sport seats with these recliners, but it's still tough due to minimums on the recliners (one of the reasons that held me back). I think that the market for the early cars and parts (65-73) is shrinking/contracting, and the costs to manufacture as well as minimum runs are not favorable.

Here's one that I had proto'd. Others have them now. I never followed through on production for a lot of reasons. Yes, these are the ones that Mr. Fiat now has.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4093.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.8 KB ID:	7337 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4094.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.4 KB ID:	7338

Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Stunning prototype Eric! Just curious: Why the tack weld on the spring?
    If you won't make recliners how about at least knocking out the cardboard spacers?

If I was actually smart I wouldn't comment on BaT but I'm a weak and pathetic man. It steams my beans that opportunists attempt to take advantage of a boom market by offering crap to the masses. Those seats are atrocious! Vinyl grain is wrong. No basketweave cushions. Perfs aren't even close to original. Headrest grommets wrong. Jury is still out on the recliners. The aftermarket sub-frames are the least of the issues.

I'll be listing a pair of properly-done original sport seats on BaT soon just to see if the masses actually care about authenticity. I have NOS recliners and sub-frames for modeling so cannot WAIT for BaTidiots to question whether finishes are correct or not.
    Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
    Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

• soterik
      soterik
      HTH....!
      soterik commented
      Editing a comment
      My guess on the tack weld would be that it was on the original that I sent them. That's happened in the past where I get stuff duplicated "exactly". I could find out. But at this point, I'm probably not going to do a run.

Yah, those seats are not "pretty"... Looking forward to yours! They will ring them bell...., I'm sure.

This is one of my originals without the tack weld.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X