X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cibie Bi-iodes, 170mm, with headlight assemblies

A set of original, date matched USA headlight assemblies with a set of my Cibie Bi-iode new production lamps.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0324.jpg Views:	55 Size:	79.3 KB ID:	1114 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0322.jpg Views:	38 Size:	74.4 KB ID:	1115 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0319.jpg Views:	35 Size:	89.7 KB ID:	1116 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0321.jpg Views:	37 Size:	99.5 KB ID:	1117 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0320.jpg Views:	39 Size:	105.4 KB ID:	1118

They are very nice original units, original screws (110mm and 65mm)and trim rings (one tiny dent, but the are oem, see pics). The date stamp is 11/66 (B is 1966, and its the 42nd week).

All the paint is original on these, and the bulb "ring" holder has original anodizing.
    I exchanged the glass for my own correct SB 19-20-21 Hella units I had made in German a couple of years ago.
    The rubber adjusting point pieces have been exchanged for new ones. Includes correct attachment screws.

At this point, I'm only offering Bi-iodes as complete setups with headlight assemblies.

These are with the high beams with a glass amber cover over them. They can't be changed to clear, the glass amber cover goes over the bulb "mount" from the front of the reflector and then the glass is glued into place.

These are offered at sold, thanks. They went with clear high beams. I'll have another set soon, they will be original buckets with my brass/chrome plated trim rings and my OEM type glass. Tks,
    E
    soterik
    HTH....!
    Last edited by soterik; 05-12-2022, 01:18 PM.
    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Sold, thanks. They went with clear high beams.. so, I'll have another set soon with original buckets, choice of Bi-iode clear or amber high beams, my chromed brass trim rings, and my OEM German manufacturer Hella script SB 19 lenses. Your choice of date codes for the stamp on the back of the bucket. They will be lower priced than the last set as I don't think I have another set of OEM date matches w/ original paint. These original buckets are the type with the half circle drain hole in them.

I'll also be offering these with LED lighting, as well as the b-iodes and am looking into working the SEM lights as well.

Pics attached of what I'm starting from. Dave DiMaria has helped me with the paint formula. Also note that there's a comparison pic between a URO Steel trim ring and one of my Brass trim rings. The reason for this is the dimensions. The URO ring is 2mm smaller than mine which makes a significant difference when trying to fit a ring over a headlight bucket that's already a "tight" fit. This dimensional difference is on the outside of the ring where it fits to the headlight bucket, and also the inner ring diameter where the glass goes through.

How do you tell if the lights you have purchased in the past have URO rings? Just take a magnet to them as I have in one of the pics. Note that brass won't rust and the plating I get is truly concours...

If you look carefully at the pic of the parts on the table you'll see my date stamps on a card, I can do 65, 66, and 67 codes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0363.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	1835 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0355.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	1834 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0359.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1833 Click image for larger version

Name:	Biode tracy 3.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1836
    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Comment

Eric
      put me in line for a pair of you bi-iodes with yellow high beam lense, as soon as available
      Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X