X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A part finally arrived....

Well, my rant earlier in "off topic" looks to have paid off. I got a final prototype of a part and was able to assemble a complete headlight! This is the 65-67 USA type assembly... and you need this if you're going to put in any 7" bulb setup be it my Cibie B-iode, vintage Marchal/Carello whatever, or perhaps even an LED/SMD bulb setup.

These will now get final test fitting, but it's my old chrome trim rings (chrome plated brass) from the same manufacturer, so they should fit just fine. We (Rene and I) had new buckets and bulbs holders made out of the correct thickness of metal, bulb holder is zinc'd, color of the bucket is dead on perfect. Though we didn't need to, we did a welded seam on one side of the larger bucket piece so it looks oem... and did the correct drain hole style.

The glass is a special version of the SB 19 20 21 with no "HELLA" logo so I can advertise them, but I have stock in the correct version with the Hella logo if somebody wants that upgrade.

We did the longer screw, and both adjusters are slotted version, not sure if I will ever get the slotted version of the attachment screw (not holding my breath) but I do have the phillips version going with the light.

The bulb holder "clips" have the original style circular ends on them.

I also did 3 different "dates" of the date code

Price? Unknown till I get all parts on hand, but at this time they will be sold with Bi-iodes only as a complete setup.

tks,
    E

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4085.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.8 KB ID:	6307 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4081.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.1 KB ID:	6309 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4082.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.9 KB ID:	6308 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4083.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.7 KB ID:	6306 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4087.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.3 KB ID:	6305
    soterik
    HTH....!
    Last edited by soterik; 07-26-2022, 06:36 PM.
    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Wow, those are just stunning Eric, looks top notch. Bravo.

Comment

Eric
      Impressed with the attention to detail.

Comment

Very nice. Should be a good market for these.
        John Audette
        www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Eric
          thanks for efforts related to this unit….impressive !
          took me a few months and lucky timing to find components needed to make one of these
          Please keep finding new products !

Comment

Working...
          X