X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monterey Car Week

Well, we weren't going to go, but now we are. Trying to figure out accomodations, which is staggeringly expensive at any date, but particularly trying to do it now. I've registered for the Porsche Classic event at the Porsche Dealer, and also for Werks Reunion (corral, as judged is sold out). I sold the 67S targa (2 weeks ago) that I showed in 2017, but I'm going to trailer down the 67S golf blue RGruppe coupe. Nik (younger son) and I are driving down and my wife Tammy will fly in. Gary Emory "might" be going with, but I don't know his schedule.

Anybody else going? Anyone want to try to split a house? Anybody going or lives there that knows they have trailer parking? I have an 18ft enclosed.

No, that's not me, and it's not Frank either, (I think it's John Dilger), and it's not my wife either... The car in the background is Rolly's prior to the white hood. I think this is RGruppe 2001 or 2002.

Click image for larger version

Name:	67SCambria1.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	5734
    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Beautiful Car! I love golf blue on early cars...

Comment

I would love to go. The expense these days is just crazy. Just the Vail and Telluride car shows are now about a $750 to $1000 a day for a place with a garage, food, gas, etc., etc. Colorado to Monterey will be even more. I'm hoping to get my car there next year for Rennsport. I used to have family in Pacific Grove but no more. Back then I could of had a place to park a trailer.
      Everyone please shoot lots of pictures.
      Chris Pomares
      2.4L
      Last edited by Chris Pomares; 07-18-2022, 10:44 AM.

Comment

I have a hotel booked, but nothing else. We went last year and did the Quail and the Concours, but I’m on the fence about this year. It’s just so expensive that I might spend that money on an overseas car event like ICE in St Moritz.

Comment

I'm probably going to be there Friday (and possibly Saturday), but it's close enough that I'll drive down rather than stay in Monterey.

Comment

I think 2002 Eric.

Comment

Well, I had to cancel... too much work up here in Seattle with an apartment unit needing turnover and my usual help being MIA (a well earned vacation, so I can't complain much).

I really wanted to go this year too!

Hopefully I'll be able to take a few days and go "campout" at Emory's in McMinnville in my trailer and wander through the parts building and sit with Gary and have a few beers in the afternoon/evenings.... I always come home with some great stuff that I don't need but can't help myself in buying.
              Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
              autoforeign@gmail.com
              67S's......

Comment

Working...
              X