X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpet installation

A couple of months back I ordered a new carpet set from Tony. This will be the third set installed in my 49 year history with this car. The last set around 20 years ago went in easily, I am struggling with this set. Is it possible Tony's patterns have grown? There are areas with no binding where it is easy to trim to size, but some areas where there is trim it is either too large or too small. Any observations or tips?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7323.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	7051 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7322.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	7052 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7328.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	7053 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7327.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	334.1 KB
ID:	7054

The rear seat area is wracking my brain, the carpet is too wide between the rear seat hinge points.

Comment

I'll take some pictures of a few that I have installed in cars right now. All carpet kits from Tony. Do you have the factory sound deadening still installed under the carpet?

Comment

Yes the original sound deadening is still in place.
        At the rear package shelf I have an additional 1/8 inch foam I added, but the rest is as it was.
        flatsixer
        aka rstarga
        Last edited by flatsixer; 08-16-2022, 08:13 PM.

Comment

in the first 2 pictures. it looks like you need to stretch the rug length wise.
          you will need to paint the seat pedestal semi-gloss black because the rug placement, stock, showed the pedestal that you are now partially covering.
          the rear seats look like a legitimated problem.
          i would suggest trying to move the rug higher at the outer sides and cheat the middle a little higher. ( unlikely this will solve it)

Comment

• bob joyce
            bob joyce commented
            Editing a comment
            interesting.... months ago, i bought an insulation kit from Seirra Madre
            it turned out that autos international was the manufacturer
            the patterns were grossly off not even usable

Contact Tony and send him a few pics, he's always been able to handle any issues I've ever had.

I don't think he's a member here yet, I'll let him know about this forum when I talk to him tomorrow.

E
          Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
          autoforeign@gmail.com
          67S's......

Comment

Finally got everything fitted, still some more to do. Talked to Tony gave me some pointers, he said it shrinks a bit over time. (thanks Longballa for sending him the pics.
            Another question, what are the two brackets in back of the seats for? Should there be screws to hold the carpet there? only inboard.

I am glad I ordered these from Tony as there were two pieces missing from the kit, he said he would send them off. Great customer service.
            I received the box a few months back but had not opened it as I was not planning to install. It would have been hard to claim from some of the other suppliers, that is why it is good to support our favorite sources.
            Good idea to check shipments when they arrive, but I am not in town all the time.

Name:	IMG_7330.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	7087
            Attached Files

Comment

Tony's one of the truly good guys in the Porsche world. Glad he was able to help out.

Comment

Yes he is, I met him at his shop close to Del Mar years ago. He did a pair of Recaro LS's for me back in 2006, they still look great. Excellent work. The carpet set is very very nice.

Comment

I should have looked at my before pictures, I missed the four screws in back of the seats

Name:	DSC_0582.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	7217

Comment

Finishing up the undercoating operation.
                    i will be spotting in the areas that are light/refinish. they are marked with a small piece of green tape.
                    Then i will totally reassemble the body to assure that everything is as i want it.

Name:	DSCN1341.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	7238 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1342.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	7239 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1343.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	198.0 KB