X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luft 9 Tickets....

Just went on sale, it's in the Bay Area April 29/30. It's 2 days, I just got mine.

BTW, Essen Techno Classic is mid month April in Essen Germany. I'm going to that as well... truly a bucket list show for those who haven't been there. JP you going again??

Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Originally posted by soterik View Post
    Just went on sale, it's in the Bay Area April 29/30. It's 2 days, I just got mine.
    Got mine, too.

Originally posted by soterik View Post
    BTW, Essen Techno Classic is mid month April in Essen Germany. I'm going to that as well... truly a bucket list show for those who haven't been there. JP you going again??
    Not sure. Been waiting for another year that Techno and Retro were going off the same week so I could take my crew like I did in 2018. But maybe I'll fly out solo this year if I can get the pregnant wife to sign off (I still haven't told her about RR or Luft)...

Comment

@Eric...you can bring some things with you?...
      erwin_loves_polo

Comment

Originally posted by haul View Post
        @Eric...you can bring some things with you?...
        You're making Eric sound like a shady drug smuggler. I knew that "perfect repro parts" thing had to be a cover for something that actually made money!

Comment

You’ll love techno classic Essen. I was there in 2019 and it was fantastic. You’d have to combine the kit show, swap meet and open houses, with a bit of Amelia island or Carmel car week to get anything close in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Blucille View Post
            You’ll love techno classic Essen. I was there in 2019 and it was fantastic. You’d have to combine the kit show, swap meet and open houses, with a bit of Amelia island or Carmel car week to get anything close in the states.
            Been fortunate to go many times to Essen, and as you say there's nothing even close in the States. One of my accounts has a booth there and I've been able to get a pass for the "set-up" days which is great to be able to get shots of cars without crowds. I've met and had lunches and dinner with several members of the "old board" and European RGruppe community, as well as being introduced to many "characters" in the hobby by Marek (who seems to know just about everyone).

I worked with "Porsche Classic" several times there, but never got anywhere with them (exclusive distribution, discounts, payment schedule, shipping and labeling requirements... no thanks), I think that losing Jochen Bader as head of Classic was not good for them imho.

Haul, I don't usually travel with parts, too heavy and large, and this time I'm going to Paris with my wife before Essen, so I won't be traveling with any parts. I have been noted to bring stuff home though! Bought my bi-iode originals there over the years that I ended up using as "models" to make my own run.

Hopefully we can do a lunch/dinner with a few people who are going??

autoforeign@gmail.com
            67S's......

Comment

Paris is always worth the journey….I am usually there at least twice a year….

can recommend
              https://www.terminusnord.com//
              as one of the best brasseries, typical french, typical paris,
              right next door is
              https://www.25hours-hotels.com/hotel.../terminus-nord
              so the train to duesseldorf/essen is just out of the door..

enjoy
              br
              haul
              erwin_loves_polo

Comment

Small update on Luft. My golf blue 67S was accepted for the show, so we'll be bringing that down (hope it starts...). Maybe there's a dinner we can do with anyone going? Meetup at the show? etc. I'll start an Essen thread for same.

autoforeign@gmail.com
                67S's......

Comment

Originally posted by haul View Post
                  Paris is always worth the journey….I am usually there at least twice a year….

can recommend
                  https://www.terminusnord.com//
                  as one of the best brasseries, typical french, typical paris,
                  right next door is
                  https://www.25hours-hotels.com/hotel.../terminus-nord
                  so the train to duesseldorf/essen is just out of the door..

enjoy
                  br
                  haul
                  Terminus Nord Brasserie is one of my favorites. Nothing like Europe in the springtime! Before the massive tourist onrush of the summer.

Comment

Last day in Paris, off to Essen in the morning by train. Wife heading back home to Seattle to make money to keep me in business (I'm a kept man for those who didn't know...).

Just found out a good friend will be joining me at Essen, Jeff Smith. Jeff was usually just known as Smith or his handle "Schmidt " on the old board and was one of the first to get tossed off.

Jeff has owned and built some pretty nice cars, including the Weapon of Mass Destruction which was featured in Excellence many years ago. He's also a great source to verify original cars vs fakes and has worked extensively with people I'm not allowed ? to name...

WMD url in Excellence
                    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...agUWn0bVk3tL2D

Should be great fun at the show this year!

Cheers from Paris...(just got out of the Mussee L'Orangerie seeing Waterlilly's)Click image for larger version  Name:	20230410_144044.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.8 KB ID:	10419
                    soterik
                    HTH....!
                    Last edited by soterik; 04-10-2023, 07:36 AM.

autoforeign@gmail.com
                    67S's......

Comment

my last time visit @paris end of september last year
                      Attached Files
                      erwin_loves_polo

Comment

I learned how to make myself understood here, I speak English slowly with a very bad French accent...

autoforeign@gmail.com
                        67S's......

Comment

a small take away recommendation for techno classica - Don't hesitate to visit in the Hall 3 "Trade Center Sport and Prestige", Booth 263
                          Attached Files
                          erwin_loves_polo

Comment

I’m taking both my girls to Luft on Sat but not going Sunday.

Comment

Well, couldn't make it to Luft... watching my feed on Instagram, some pretty good pics so far. Looks like a great venue.. spoke to Gary Emory a couple of minutes ago, says they are having a great time. Please post pics if you're going!

autoforeign@gmail.com
                              67S's......

Comment

Working...
                              X