X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear light wire harness

Where does Porsche get its rear light wire harnesses, part no. 911.612.039.10? Sunset's posted price for these is less than Kroon. How can that be? Anyone familiar with the quality of the part from Porsche?

Former British Leyland mechanic, remember them?
    Long Beach, CA

We (Dave DiMaria restoring a couple of my cars) are using YnZ out of California. We had some poor results with Kroon, but it was a few years ago, and perhaps they have made some changes, and they certainly seem to have a following. YnZ was founded using Gary Emory's inventory of NOS wiring harnesses (about 30 years ago) to craft the ones they are offering. I know that you have to supply your serial number with YnZ to make sure they give you the right harness.
    I'm not sure who Porsche is using. Note that there's also a guy on Pelican who gets rave reviews for his harnesses.
    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Comment

Originally posted by soterik View Post
      We (Dave DiMaria restoring a couple of my cars) are using YnZ out of California. We had some poor results with Kroon, but it was a few years ago, and perhaps they have made some changes, and they certainly seem to have a following. YnZ was founded using Gary Emory's inventory of NOS wiring harnesses (about 30 years ago) to craft the ones they are offering. I know that you have to supply your serial number with YnZ to make sure they give you the right harness.
      I'm not sure who Porsche is using. Note that there's also a guy on Pelican who gets rave reviews for his harnesses.
      What was your issues with Kroon?

Comment

Originally posted by sebaroher View Post

What was your issues with Kroon?
        I believe David's exact word was "incorrect". They have a lot of rave reviews, so perhaps they corrected the issue(s). For me in terms of suppliers, it can be a situation of making something work from someone,... or trying a part from another supplier, etc. Suppliers can change their own manufacturers (or manufacturing process) over time. I have the same issues from my own end. We've gone back to YnZ and I have no other business with them.., they aren't a part of my supplier chain, they are just a supplier for my own restorations.
        Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
        autoforeign@gmail.com
        67S's......

Comment

The best harness experience I've had has been using a YnZ. That was at Dave DiMaria's shop. I've never used a Kroon. I've had a very poor experience with one touted on one of the other Porsche sites. I will not reveal the name. If I do another long hood it will get a YnZ.
          https://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com/h...ness-catalogs/

Comment

Working...
          X