Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front bumper guards for euro 67 911S?

Hi all,

We have a 67 911S that was originally delivered in Germany late 1966. The car has rear bumper guards but no front bumper guards. Curious to see if cars delivered in Europe around 1967 would originally have front bumper guards?

Thanks!

I seem to think it was an optional delete for Europe, but not for U.S. market. Lets see what other opinions trickle in.

Comment

I have a July '67 produced 68S that was German delivered that does not have front guards. Not sure if that helps.

Scott

Comment

I seem to remember that 65-68 ROW cars could be optioned without the front bumper guards. No idea where I got that info.

What does your Kardex show? I was able to find multiple 67S Euro cars on BaT that DO have bumper guards but DO NOT show them on the Kardex. LIke this one:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...911s-coupe-10/

Maybe bumper guard delete was the option that would show? But I've never seen anything like that...

Maybe
        soterik
        HTH....!
        soterik could help here.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Yeah I looked at the Brett Johnson book no hints about whether Euro delivered cars has the front bumper guards. Also google searched some euro cars like the Porsche Germany restored Targa doesn’t have them, but also found couple on BaT that has them like JP said.

Attached is our Kardex. Doesn’t say front bumper delete then again I’m not sure it’s common to mention?

Appreciate the inputs!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by muzeon; 06-28-2022, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Is it possible that the Euro cars did not have them, but were added (inconsistently) if/when imported to US? Alternatively were they an option to add to front? Most Euro SWB I’ve seen over the years have not had them, and early pics.

I suppose Eric may know this answer?

Scott

Comment

My understanding is on ROW cars front guards were an option.

Joe

Comment

Per Joe's comment, I'll confirm (imho) that they were standard on the USA cars and optional on the Euro 911S. That's based on an old original parts manual, and a tech bulletin.

It also appears that on the Euro base 911 that the front bumper guards were standard.

E
                Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
                autoforeign@gmail.com
                67S's......

Comment

Good to know so it's optional on our Euro 67S... guess will have to figure out which look we like better. Car came with some cool photos from 2nd owners in early 70s (I think?) but it already looked a bit modded out and didn't have front bumper guards.

Thanks you all for your wealth of knowledge!

Comment

Originally posted by soterik View Post
                    Per Joe's comment, I'll confirm (imho) that they were standard on the USA cars and optional on the Euro 911S. That's based on an old original parts manual, and a tech bulletin.
                    E., any idea how this might be reflected on a Kardex? I notice your car on BaT has the front guards, are they on the Kardex?

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post

E., any idea how this might be reflected on a Kardex? I notice your car on BaT has the front guards, are they on the Kardex?
                      My car is a US model.
                      Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
                      autoforeign@gmail.com
                      67S's......

Comment

Originally posted by soterik View Post

My car is a US model.
                        And I'm an idiot.

Thanks.

Comment

Did some google search on old ads for 67S, understand it's an unscientific research, but here's two pix of 67S with euro license plates... no front bumper guards. Possibly will have to be an add-on option to get them?

It's all good to know, prior to asking you all, I was under the impression all of them must have front bumper guards.

Attached Files

Comment

Not sure if this helps, but from Car October 1966...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Car October 66.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	4603

Comment

Thank you, yes, interesting article too.

Comment

Working...
                              X