X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a correct 67s mirror?

Been going through my parts drawer, would this be a correct mirror for a 67S? THe pebbling and day/night appear correct, but I have seen others for sale that look different claimed as S mirrors, but perhaps those descriptions were “generous”? Is the extended stalk early and the 901 part number stalk late? What constitutes early or late? I don’t necessarily need an S mirror on my 912 so want to be sure.
    Attached Files

That is a very nice 1967 911S (plastic back) mirror. Yes, the pebbling is correct, and the day/night function is correct. There are 2 1968 mirrors that look similar, each have slightly different pebbling from each other (and different from the 1967), and both of them have a slightly more bulbous day/night function "tab". I'll buy this from you if it's for sale..... There's 2 different stalks. I remember an argument on the other forum that only one of them is correct... and yet I have 2 very original 67S's and each one has a different stalk. So, I think both stalks are correctly used in 1967, which one is early and the other late, I can't recall sitting at home and not having access to the parts/cars right here.

Eric
    soterik
    HTH....!
    Last edited by soterik; 10-03-2022, 09:56 PM.
    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Comment

from the part number this is the later of the two 67 versions…the earlier had it differently stamped at the base.

picture is from Franz aka Moito
      Attached Files
      erwin_loves_polo

Comment

thats the earlier version...

Comment

Working...
      X