X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Aussie24.
    We also have to realize there could be blood in the streets if both houses are turned in November. I think Powell is in a very tough spot. Kill inflation quickly and lose both houses for sure. Do it slowly and I think still lose both houses. Over a million Democrats have changed parties so far this year. AOC, keep talking all the way to voting day. She referred to women as ‘birthing people’.
    Biden, keep mumbling. Probably mostly Hispanics who as Catholics loved what the supreme court just did. They are NOT confused about gender either. The current administration has about a 10% approval rating with Hispanics at this time. You probably read a young Hispanic gal just won a seat in a Southern Texas area. The first non Democrat in 100 years. Good for her!
    You know what I think would be awesome? For the folks sneaking over the border to be with family and voting for the not confused about gender party! Although I'd prefer they came in legally. All of Mexico and South America is Catholic. The folks crossing the border might be beholden to Democrats short term. As they settle in and look at what schools are teaching about gender, dismissing their faith and the nuclear family, they won't want any of it. I believe their faith is more important to them than a bunch of free crap. The 15 gender party just might have made a big mistake long term by not finishing the wall.
    Chris Pomares
    2.4L
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 06-28-2022, 04:59 PM.

Comment

No ballot stuffing... 3/4 % increase next meeting and another in the fall...should tighten up the economy and bottom out the stock market...the other shoe is the supply chain, nothing short of reversing the policies on energy will bring down inflationary pressure on the tax payer...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pomares View Post

My Mom bought about $400,000 worth of Bonds at 15 to 20% at that time. At first that just kept her up with inflation. But as interest rates came back down she was a happy camper cutting those coupons. I just bought 10K from our gov't at 9 something. So I'm going backwards a little slower with those few bucks.
        I prefer the Volcker way, as I have zero debt and would like a better return on my savings.
        The way the current FED is going, this is going to be long and very painful for the poor and middle classes. Another 5 to10 years of $5 to $6.00 plus a gallon gas for middle class commuters while waiting for the alternate green grid to be built will be very tough. Have we started that new grid yet? The current grid is overwhelmed on hot and cold days let alone adding a bizzilion new electric cars.

People think electric cars are green just because there's no tailpipe. Look at what needs to be done to the environment to get the raw materials for the batteries alone. And what are we going to do with the used up batteries. If you think their going to be recycled, study up on what percent of phone, tablet, laptop, and PC's batteries are properly recycled. Do a search. Answer,15%. Make two piles. One stack of electric car batteries after about 10 years of use and need replacing. Pile two. 10 years of your phone, tablet, laptop, and PC batteries. Which is about 50 times bigger. Have you ever opened an old flashlight and saw the crud coming out of the dead battery. We dump 150 million phones in this country alone and over 1 billion world wide every year. That's just the phones. The world doesn't currently have near the recycle capacity currently to handle what is produced already let alone the auto industry. All this info is easy to find. Most is researched by the online greenies. Oh, and lithium sources are supposed to start not meeting world wide demand in about 3 years. More greenie info.
        Sorry, I kinda got off track here. At 70, my mind wanders.
        From my understanding, there are enough oil deposits in the U.S. to supply us for a VERY long time. I'll keep my old cars going and they can deal with changing the batteries in their cars. Not saying I wouldn't drive a Tesla, I just don't think I'm there yet...

Comment

Pay close attention to Germany and the push back on phasing out ICE engine cars by the EU’s current goal of 2035 …

Comment

Bringing this back up almost 3 months later as the market/world keeps radically changing (and back onto my original post).

Had an interesting conversation with my wife this morning (she works from home on Fridays). "Big Banks" have stopped lending on new construction... be it tract homes, multi family (smaller) and also the larger multi-family units. A lot of talk among her peers and competitors as to why this is happening. Very strong rental markets in the USA right now and for current future... so why?

My wife's business refuses to slow down (my wife is a senior vp in commercial/multi-family mortgage broker for both income producing and owner occupied, for the largest commercial brokerage and largest mortgage brokerage company in the USA).

We are going to look at a multi-family apt this afternoon thats a "value add". But even then where is debt going to be in a year or two when you convert the value add portion to permanent debt.

Then there's 1 year treasurys at almost 4%.

A lot to unpack right now. FedEx interview with Kramer was interesting, he's a smart guy (FedEx ceo) and China's re-opening was supposed to increase shipments, but it hasn't.
            Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
            autoforeign@gmail.com
            67S's......

Comment

In April 5th of this year there were 178 residential real estate listings in Bend. Today there are 700 with too many price reductions to count. Different from the rental market I know but residential housing values appear to be in sharp decline.
              John Audette
              www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Originally posted by jaudette3 View Post
                In April 5th of this year there were 178 residential real estate listings in Bend. Today there are 700 with too many price reductions to count. Different from the rental market I know but residential housing values appear to be in sharp decline.
                John, is there any way to determine what % is 2nd homes? I have always thought of Bend as a 2nd home market "in general" but I know that a lot of people have transplanted to areas they prefer to live in as WFH ramped up, and my thoughts may be antiquated as Bend may be a new Boise.

I know that values where I have a cabin in Leavenworth WA have ramped up considerably over the last few years, but I haven't watched the market in terms of total listings.

autoforeign@gmail.com
                67S's......

Comment

My sense is that they are mostly primary residences. Bend is a kind of Boise and with the advent of remote working has been become a bit of a technology hub. In terms of a big increase in values it's right up there with Boise, Austin, etc.
                  John Audette
                  www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Very knowledable people here. Unfortunately dolts like me are unable to decode all this. Perhaps you can give me a simple example. Was it a good or bad time to sell you '67 Targa and how this monetary policy helped or hurt, if at all. As to Fedex they are in a crunch because their service sucks and they are over priced for what they deliver. Back to restoring my visors.

Comment

Originally posted by Doigthom View Post
                      As to Fedex they are in a crunch because their service sucks and they are over priced for what they deliver.
                      Couldn't agree with you more! The service from Fedex and USPS are both complete garbage....

Comment

Originally posted by Doigthom View Post
                        Very knowledable people here. Unfortunately dolts like me are unable to decode all this. Perhaps you can give me a simple example. Was it a good or bad time to sell you '67 Targa and how this monetary policy helped or hurt, if at all. As to Fedex they are in a crunch because their service sucks and they are over priced for what they deliver. Back to restoring my visors.
                        It was a fine time for me to sell my 67S targa... maybe a few months earlier would have been 10% higher, but I was happy with the outcome with the buyer (sold the same day the auction ended).

In regards to Fedex, I've had nothing but next to perfect service for a dozen years with my company (9000+ packages shipped in that time) and going back to 1995 with my previous employer. I'm sure it will go to $hit as soon as I've mention this...

In regards to real estate, the current re-fi market is dead, but there's always purchase and sales of commercial real estate. We looked at a small complex this last week, but decided against this particularly one as there wasn't enough upside. That being said, we think that rents will continue to rise in our area (greater Seattle) over time, and property values will continue to rise as well. We are looking outside the city limits due to the limitations put on landlords by the Seattle City Council (6 month notice to increase rent, no background checks allowed, must take first qualified renter regardless... etc etc.)

I'm still looking at sunvisor reproduction for the 65-66 versions...

cheers,
                        E

autoforeign@gmail.com
                        67S's......

Comment

Ah, Bureaucrats, they are the bane of rental development, I have a 15ac property zoned for apartments, condos or a combination of commercial and residential… when I do the math, triple net commercial vastly out performs residential! The city fathers bemoaned the lack of affordable housing but put barriers in that precludes the investment!

Comment

Just as an aside, I am generally on receiving end of FEDEX. Tracking usually off. Disapeared package reapearing seven months later and severly damaged boxes more often than not. Maybe a Jersey thing. My experience with USPS is that they are a little slower on delivery but generally cheaper for equivalent size package. Unfortunately although generally cheaper, the pricing estmates tend to be under or over when I actually bring something in for mailing. But then as stated I am more often the receiver than the sender. Good service to Europe.

So prbably still a strong market for good examples of Porsches?

Comment

“Jersey Thing” as in New Jersey? My parts departments ship an average of 15 FedEx packages per day and our experience is very positive.. may be a local warehouse issue for you…

Comment

You guys are on the "sending" end. I'm generally on the "receiving" end. Few times I have priced a package, without the contracts you have, are FEDEX most expensive, UPS generally slightly lower and USPS always beats both with a little slower delivery. Don't ask what I paid DHL to send my Webasto Heater to Franz for restoration. UPS delivery always perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X