Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF difference what color a person is who kills an innocent child.. come on guys let’s discuss solutions that will allow reasonable gun ownership under our Constitution!

Comment

• John’s analysis is brilliant…..interpretation & definition , this could make real progress to those willing to listen
      I am reminded of a quote from my high school days think by EE Cummings “ We read not to accept but rather to weigh and consider “
      Imagine the application for those willing to discuss the 2nd amendment rather than reading and accepting
      Totally logical thinking to arrive at modification/amendment to 2nd amendment….. believe me good citizens will keep their rights for self protection and forming groups against a British invasion …
      JP’s comments on alcohol so true ….but at least we have responsibility assigned for those who over serve…… similar thought could be applied to over serving certain types of weapons all based on level of harm to society

Comment

• Futile.....

jaudette3
        Really?
        Last edited by jaudette3; 09-14-2022, 07:42 PM.
        John Audette
        www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

• You incredible ‘ Cantelope ‘ please stop copy and pasting data to help make you look knowledgeable.. let’s discuss your solutions to our 2nd Amendment.. If that’s possible ! Otherwise please open the closest window and shout your frustrations! Frank

Comment

• jaudette3
            jaudette3
            Really?
            jaudette3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah there's nothing so frustrating to a rightie as facts from a reputable source. It interferes with the gas lighting.

• Aussie24
            Aussie24
            Aussie24 commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you have the ability to mount a logical discussion without quoting others?

• Originally posted by jaudette3 View Post
          It must make a real mess of a deer.
          Nope. About as powerful as a 30-30. Slightly less. An AK47 isn't really a great rifle for bigger game. Just not powerful enough.

Comment

• sebaroher
            sebaroher
            Seabass
            sebaroher commented
            Editing a comment
            So which are you upset with? You link a story about AR-15s, but constantly mention AK47's.... These are two completely different guns (I doubt you know or understand that). Anyways, common sense would tell you that just about ANY gun would disfigure a child.

• JP
            JP
            aka LiveFromNY
            JP commented
            Editing a comment
            Also, a deer is not a child. And neither the AK47 nor the AR15 are even CLOSE to the most powerful weapons you can buy for sports purposes. They're just red herrings used by the media to scare people and market their one-sided narrative.
            JP
            aka LiveFromNY
            Last edited by JP; 08-30-2022, 12:28 PM.

• jaudette3
            jaudette3
            Really?
            jaudette3 commented
            Editing a comment
            You've been in Texas too long JP. I confess to not being knowledgeable about them (I grew up in Texas with a 30-30) but I understand that they do accommodate rapid fire more so than most weapons. And of course they look evil which I'm sure the perps like.

OK, not ALWAYS, but when we're talking about schools it's 85%, close to ALWAYS.

----------

— Information compiled from The Violence Project Database

The second you begin a debate about gun control, second amendment apologists will throw dubious arguments at you. Immediately, they will conflate statistics for mass school shootings with other forms of gun violence.They do this deliberately in order fabricate justifications for their prejudicial thinking. They will rearrange the data to suit their beliefs rather than to seek out comprehension.
          Mass public shootings are defined as incidents in which four or more victims are murdered with at least one of those homicides taking place in a public location and with no connection to underlying criminal activity, such as gangs or drugs. Our database shows that since 1966, when our database timeline begins, there have been 13 such shootings at schools across the U.S — the first in Stockton, California, in 1989 — James Densley and Jillian Peterson

Here is the list of of the 13 mass school shootings with the race of the shooter in bold:
          Stockton, California. January 17th, 1989. 24 year old white shooter killed 5 people.

Olivehurst, California. May 1st, 1992. 20 year old white shooter killed 4 people.

Jonesboro, Arkansas. March 24th, 1998. Two white shooters killed 5 people.

Springfield, Oregon. May 20, 1998. 15 year old white shooter killed 4 people.

Columbine, Colorado. April 20, 1999. Two white shooters killed 13 people.

Red Lake, Minnesota. March 21, 2005. 16 year old Native American killed 9 people.

Bart Township, Pennsylvania. October 2, 2006. 32 year old white shooter killed 5 people.

Newtown, Connecticut. December 14th, 2012. 20 year old white shooter killed 27 people.

Marysville, Washington. October 24th, 2014. 15 year old Native American killed 4 people.

Parkland, Florida. February 14th, 2018. 19 year old white shooter killed 17 people.

Santa Fe, Texas. May 18th, 2018. 17 year old white shooter killed 10 people.

----------

As always, substituting nits for the central issue is a failed tactic. Could we please just move forward and handle gun laws in an intelligent adult fashion? In what universe does it make sense for a 20 year old to own a weapon of mass destruction? Why should anyone own one? It must make a real mess of a deer.

Calm down George Bush.....

No one owns "WMD's"

As for firearm ownership? I mean I don't see the big deal. I can think of plenty of reasons. The first, and most important being self defense, and protection from a tyrannical government. Next would be sport and hunting, etc. Or perhaps BECAUSE THE CONSTITUTION SAYS WE CAN?

Comment

• I must be close to a nerve. You boys are getting pretty wound up. Take it easy Spanky.
            John Audette
            www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

I must be close to a nerve. You boys are getting pretty wound up. Take it easy Spanky.
              Not in the least. Your whackadoodle statements are not only comical, but easily disproven.

Comment

• John, Is there a re reason you left out the first one from 1966?
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univer...tower_shooting

Comment

• Tmi......
              jaudette3
              Really?
              Last edited by jaudette3; 08-31-2022, 08:14 AM.
              John Audette
              www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

• .I dont actually want to dive into the middle of this heated debate, but I watched this yesterday, and it really caused me to pause and worry a bit about what we are doing to ourselves...https://youtu.be/mUYrsA4sJeE

Comment

• Silver4S ….also have one & love it….
                  My friends have had many recent discussions re Weapons ,arms etc and the seemingly uncompromising segments of oir society that restrict any positive action to benefit the overall majority of our population concerned with gun control.
                  Seems we function more like the states in the 1860’s very divided and hostile toward our countries governing principles and agencies just trying to protect our general population.

its a crazy time …seems no common ground which is unbelievable for well educated people.
                  reminds me of a song of the 70’s or maybe late 60’s …..”there’s something happening here, but its just not exactly clear” ….you can fill in the rest

Comment

• Originally posted by Gold71 View Post
                    My friends have had many recent discussions re Weapons ,arms etc and the seemingly uncompromising segments of oir society that restrict any positive action to benefit the overall majority of our population concerned with gun control.
                    Why should anyone have to "compromise" with a right that is guaranteed "shall not be infringed" by the Constitution?

Comment

• Because so many innocent people are dying? One problem with the hard right is the lack of empathy (sometimes called compassion). Which they think makes them tough guys. Which is the wrong adjective.
                      John Audette
                      www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

• John was right again !
                        seabass….do you realize we have amendments to the constitution ?
                        these usually adapt to changes in our culture ….remember when women and blacks could not vote ?
                        Or do you think this is a travesty ….your persecutive would be ..” constitution says no vote “ lets keep it…. why should I give them a right they never had .
                        NO WAY ..

Comment

Working...
                        X