Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is permitted to amend?

Comment

• A long, involved process. I doubt that level of agreement could ever be reached in the present day U.S. This from a quick Google search:

An amendment may be proposed by a two-thirds vote of both Houses of Congress, or, if two-thirds of the States request one, by a convention called for that purpose. The amendment must then be ratified by three-fourths of the State legislatures, or three-fourths of conventions called in each State for ratification.
      John Audette
      www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

• So I guess that an issue that is split 50 - 50 is going to stay as presently defined?

Comment

• Originally posted by sebaroher View Post
          Why should anyone have to "compromise" with a right that is guaranteed "shall not be infringed" by the Constitution?
          Originally posted by jaudette3 View Post
          Because so many innocent people are dying? One problem with the hard right is the lack of empathy (sometimes called compassion). Which they think makes them tough guys. Which is the wrong adjective.
          I'm not about to compromise on my right to protect myself and my family because certain segments of the population insist on behaving like thugs. If the left wants to compromise, how about we compromise on their ridiculous, soft on crime policies that are continually being made softer because "racism". After all, the vast majority of gun crimes are committed by individuals with a criminal record. How about we lock those animals up and throw away the key? How's that for compromise?

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverc4s View Post
            So I guess that an issue that is split 50 - 50 is going to stay as presently defined?
            Not to worry. The far left is doing an excellent job of making sure it won't be a 50/50 split much longer.

https://thehill.com/opinion/congress...d-home-in-gop/

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/23/11131...publican-party

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/14/opini...est/index.html

To me, this is the biggest political story in a decade. To see dems lose a 45-point advantage in Hispanic votes in just a few years is really remarkable.

Comment

• Originally posted by JP View Post

Not to worry. The far left is doing an excellent job of making sure it won't be a 50/50 split much longer.

https://thehill.com/opinion/congress...d-home-in-gop/

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/23/11131...publican-party

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/14/opini...est/index.html

To me, this is the biggest political story in a decade. To see dems lose a 45-point advantage in Hispanic votes in just a few years is really remarkable.

Someone said: “Time wounds all heels.”

Comment

• Another question I wish I understood better is:

Why the US prefers a two party system of government. One party is clearly bad, but 3 or 4 might be more self regulating than the present colluding two parties we have now. But if a new party can’t win congressional seats, it has no chance of influence, or even survival. It seems we could be better represented by 4 parties, made from about half of each of the present two more or less, the split being voluntary. Congressional leadership could be determined by coalitions instead of win-lose as it is now.

Comment

• Futile...
                  jaudette3
                  Really?
                  Last edited by jaudette3; 09-14-2022, 07:43 PM.
                  John Audette
                  www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

• With all due respect John, I have lived in countries on 3 continents, and worked in many more. I can’t recall meeting any one in any of those places that did not want to live in the US. Do you rather wish you lived somewhere else? If so, where?

Comment

• Does anyone else here have the feeling that we are all fools? That we are arguing vehemently with one another and none of us know anything? Due to the fact that we are deeply, deeply manipulated. At one time there were over 40 CIA agents embedded with major media who were armed with bags of cash. Is it just happenstance that the country is divided right down the middle? Doesn't that substantially reduce the power of the people as they spend their time fighting with each other while the looting proceeds without interruption. I remember something about united they stand, divided they fail.

I think that they are continually yanking our chains with FUD and lies, both by omission and commission. We cannot win unless we forget the petty bullshit and unite.
                      jaudette3
                      Really?
                      Last edited by jaudette3; 09-03-2022, 08:40 PM.
                      John Audette
                      www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

• The " Deep State" Has amazing control on the strings of power... We however can chose to return to our collective history ( flaw as it was / is) and regain our moral compass to overcome the manipulation of DC. This can not occur if we don't reject the temptations of government largesse. So much of society now looks the government to solve their daily problems. They simply now reside on: ' The Government Plantation '

Comment

• Originally posted by jaudette3 View Post
                          Does anyone else here have the feeling that we are all fools? That we are arguing vehemently with one another and none of us know anything? Due to the fact that we are deeply, deeply manipulated. At one time there were over 40 CIA agents embedded with major media who were armed with bags of cash. Is it just happenstance that the country is divided right down the middle? Doesn't that substantially reduce the power of the people as they spend their time fighting with each other while the looting proceeds without interruption. I remember something about united they stand, divided they fail.

I think that they are continually yanking our chains with FUD and lies, both by omission and commission. We cannot win unless we forget the petty bullshit and unite.
                          I am in complete agreement with John here. We may be on different sides on many issues, but this should be an area all Americans agree upon.

Comment

• Futile....
                            jaudette3
                            Really?
                            Last edited by jaudette3; 09-14-2022, 07:44 PM.
                            John Audette
                            www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

• why not just look at the end results to answer your question.
                              American goods and to degrees culture are sold in every nook and cranny of the world.
                              their assets are "protected".

Comment

• bob joyce
                                bob joyce commented
                                Editing a comment
                                the current power structure..
                                business
                                president
                                congress
                                supreme court/religion
                                military
                                people
                                Thats why Trumps gave business 1.5 trillion.... He figured that would be enough for a get out of prison free pass
                                so far, he may be right.....
                                after all it was business that propagated and expounded on the big lie.

• Here's my ranking:

(1) MIFI - Military Industrial Financial Intelligence Complex - by a wide margin. They won't even brief presidents as they consider them temporary employees. And they won't brief CIA directors. They consider that neither have a need to know. They are a deep, dark state.

(2) Business

(3) Media - Controlled by higher powers, such as the CIA. Most major media outlets have a number of CIA agents on staff, perhaps unknown to them, perhaps not.

(4) President

(5) Congress

(6) Supreme Court (but very, very powerful long-term setting cultural standards

(7) Religion / Public Opinion

John Audette
                              www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

• bob joyce
                                bob joyce commented
                                Editing a comment
                                john. i left out the media because it is now just part of big business
                                Hearst was the last and.first of journalism to big business manipulation of events/news
                            Working...
                            X