X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaudette3 View Post
    In my opinion guns are a part of the problem but only a part. The large problem is the unhappiness, anger, bitterness and - the insanity of modern day culture - in the U.S. Again, in my opinion, it's the major issue of our times. I'm old enough to remember when it wasn't like this. I remember when families had dinner together every night. Hell, I remember when there were families. I remember when elders were respected and not derided by youth (who today seem to be worshiped even though they don't know anything, i.e FTX). I remember when folks didn't bitch and complain about everything all the time. I remember when people had manners and dignity. I remember when the majority of people respected moral values. I remember when folks were willing to work for their money instead of looking for instant riches. I even remember when Portland, St. Louis and Memphis were fine cities.

We're chasing false gods down a blind alley and I'm really concerned for my grandchildren. I know every generation says something like this when they get old. But, unfortunately, this time it's true. And this is not a complaint, just a very sad observation. We need a spiritual renewal but it seems very remote that it will ever happen.
    I agree with you John.

What this country needs is to turn to God and follow His word. A spiritual renewal would be the best thing to happen to this nation.

Comment

• Flatsixer and Jaudette3 Most other countries have governments that decide what freedoms their citizens can exercise, I suggest you review NZ or Australia's draconian policing. Your statistics of two 'mass' shootings ( defined by the FBI as 4 our people either shot or killed ) per day is off by 30% the actual number of 'mass' shootings as of Monday was 603. I agree still a sad number of killings! However not noted is that many were either gang and black on black shootings..most if not all in urban settings and mostly in cities and states dominated by Democrat control.. They all have strict gun laws that are not enforced... NYC gun violence and 'mass' shootings were greatly reduced during the period of 'stop and frisk' policies... Strong enforcement of laws presently on the books, works! Bleeding Hearts and Progressives need to understand that strict enforcement of our laws simply work. As for the low number of reported killings in other countries, most never make our daily news.. not relevant to selling advertising! Happy Thanksgiving....?

Comment

• https://twitter.com/dpjhodges/status...002496?lang=en

Comment

• Instead of sarcasm, suggest you proffer some solutions to the facts I presented.. Understand that may require critical thinking, before you post !

Comment

• Seb, I don't think the US is any less or more religious than other western countries. I don't know why we need to discuss, this matter has been well researched and studied using actual facts, statistics and comparisons to other countries, with a clear conclusion.

Why Does the U.S. Have So Many Mass Shootings? Research Is Clear: Guns. - The New York Times.pdf

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
            Attached Files

Comment

• Switzerland has the highest percentage of guns per population! It also enforces its gun laws…

https://www.buzzworthy.com/switzerland-gun-laws/

Comment

• Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
                Seb, I don't think the US is any less or more religious than other western countries. I don't know why we need to discuss, this matter has been well researched and studied using actual facts, statistics and comparisons to other countries, with a clear conclusion.

Why Does the U.S. Have So Many Mass Shootings? Research Is Clear: Guns. - The New York Times.pdf

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
                *yawn*

Comment

• Originally posted by Aussie24 View Post
                  Switzerland has the highest percentage of guns per population! It also enforces its gun laws…

https://www.buzzworthy.com/switzerland-gun-laws/
                  Not even close.
                  https://web.archive.org/web/20170105...eath-rates.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
                    If guns were honestly the issue, I wonder why I haven't had any problem with mine? Are my guns defective?

Sorry, just trying to understand your flawed liberal logic of how you blame an inanimate object instead of the person behind the gun.

Comment

• No logic involved, just statistics, you may not like the numbers, but they don't really ask for opinions. Just reflect the facts.

Comment

• Here's some facts:

Bad people with guns need to be stopped by good people with guns.

Taking guns from good people doesn't stop bad people as they don't follow the law and won't give up their guns.

Comment

• John,

Have you taken your meds today?

In all seriousness, I see nothing wrong with more sane people carrying firearms. You don't think that it would be a deterrent to the bad guys before they committed a crime?

I know you prefer to be defenseless in your west coast promised land, but for those of us that live in the real world, and know better, we prefer to be able to defend ourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaudette3 View Post
                            In my opinion guns are a part of the problem but only a part. The large problem is the unhappiness, anger, bitterness and - the insanity of modern day culture - in the U.S. Again, in my opinion, it's the major issue of our times. I'm old enough to remember when it wasn't like this. I remember when families had dinner together every night. Hell, I remember when there were families. I remember when elders were respected and not derided by youth (who today seem to be worshiped even though they don't know anything, i.e FTX). I remember when folks didn't bitch and complain about everything all the time. I remember when people had manners and dignity. I remember when the majority of people respected moral values. I remember when folks were willing to work for their money instead of looking for instant riches. I even remember when Portland, St. Louis and Memphis were fine cities.

We're chasing false gods down a blind alley and I'm really concerned for my grandchildren. I know every generation says something like this when they get old. But, unfortunately, this time it's true. And this is not a complaint, just a very sad observation. We need a spiritual renewal but it seems very remote that it will ever happen.
                            I actually agree with your comments above John but I’ll boil it down to the main problem: Respect for life.

Our culture has lost and forgotten a basic rule of a civilized society: Every human has value and is worthy of love and respect. God designed it that way. As society becomes more secular these atrocities should not surprise people.
                            Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
                            Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

• I'm aware that the expression "It is what it is" has become popular in this cynical world. But that doesn't suffice for me. I feel much more comfortable in a situation when, rather than blindly accepting it, instead trying to gain at least what I think is an explanation. I've spent a lot of time seeking out root causes of the undeniable malaise of our times. The symptoms are all too obvious, but what are the underlying causes? I recently came across a theory that I find interesting.

It's called "Generational Theory" and it was postulated by William Strauss and Neil Howe in their book "Generations" written in 1991. Their theory is that we are in an approximate 80-year cycle broken down into four 20-years segments based on generations. Unfortunately, according to their theory, we are in the "Fourth Turning" which is the cycle that brings chaos (but on the positive side of the ledger is cleansing according to their theory). An example from American history:

Revolutionary War; 1775-1783
                              77 years later...

Civil War: 1861-1865
                              74 years later...

WWII: 1939-1945
                              75 years later...

Now: 2008-2030??

FWIW. It's not completely compelling to me at this point but it's plausible. These are two smart guys and they are endorsed by some smart folks. I'm going to take some time to look into it more. One thing we know for sure - there's a lot of difference between generations.
                              jaudette3
                              Really?
                              Last edited by jaudette3; 11-28-2022, 10:01 AM.
                              John Audette
                              www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

• Doubt your worries will ever occur… the current under 30 generation does not have the will or capacity to mount an armed conflict, that can succeed… I refer you to the difficulties the military has in recruitment, most applicants are either unable to pass the mental or physical tests… Antifa would dissolve if the police began shooting the firebombers and rioters .. During the riots in Newark NJ in 1967 the Italian and Portuguese communities sat on their front stoops with shotguns. Not one of those neighborhoods were damaged. The National Guard was deployed and 26 rioters died.. was over in 4 days! The Nation will endure!

Comment

Working...
                                X