Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you listen to in your shop!?!?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What do you listen to in your shop!?!?

    While I enjoy a nice mix of music, while I'm in "the zone" turning wrenches in the shop, my go-to is classic rock. Led Zeppelin is one of my all-time absolute favorites. The baby approves as well!

    What do you listen to?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-qFipbA4Cw

  • #2
    Rusty. I listen to a Rusty…..

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Stretch32 View Post
      Rusty. I listen to a Rusty…..
      If you know what's good for you, you'll continue doing so!

      Seriously though, I really miss him. He's a great guy and a wealth of knowledge.

      Comment


      • #4
        KISS
        Motley Crue
        Van Halen
        Etc.

        Comment


        • #5
          Back from Europe! Had a great time... Italy and Germany (Seahawks game in Munich).

          So, I'm in the "office/workshop" and packaging a number of back orders.
          Mine music is pretty broad... I'll get on a theme from Spotify from a song I like and then continue it for hours. This morning is Ramsey Lewis (on his funkier side like "what it is" and "wade in the water") as I like piano/keyboards, and whatever that sends my way from Watermelon Man by Mongo Santamaria to Boney James (his version of Grazin' in the Grass), and "them changes" by Buddy Miles. I'll then head to something like late 60's/early 70's w/ Vanilla Fudge, Canned Heat, Cream, Blind Faith, Moody Blues, James Gang, Traffic, The Guess Who, Donovan. Then perhaps harder to a Zeppelin mix w/ Stones, Free, T-Rex. I'm fortunate to have a used record store as a tenant in this particular bldg where my workshop is at and I can get all sorts of intersting music recommendations from the staff.

          I have zero newer music that I can find that I like to listen to that I can identify... though I'll hear stuff in a coffee shop that I like, but it's hard to find a trend I can grab onto.
          Ah, but I was so much older then
          I'm younger than that now....

          www.autoforeignservices.com
          autoforeign@gmail.com
          67S's......

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sebaroher View Post
            While I enjoy a nice mix of music, while I'm in "the zone" turning wrenches in the shop, my go-to is classic rock. Led Zeppelin is one of my all-time absolute favorites. The baby approves as well!
            What do you listen to?

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-qFipbA4Cw
            Hi,
            Classic rock, especially Led Zeppelin, is always a fantastic choice for getting in the groove while working in the shop. The timeless riffs and powerful vocals make every wrench turn more enjoyable. It's even better when the baby approves – a shared love for good music.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ruberr012 View Post
              Classic rock, especially Led Zeppelin, is always a fantastic choice for getting in the groove while working in the shop. The timeless riffs and powerful vocals make every wrench turn more enjoyable. It's even better when the baby approves – a shared love for good music.
              Considered a legendary band, but other than 'Stairway' I can't quite hear all the fuss being made about them. As a group they had developed their own sound. Plant's vocals seemed to propel the band with a wide singing range. More than other lead singers, he seemed to personify Mega rock star of the 70s. Influenced by Steve Marriot of 'Small Faces', often seen attending their gigs, perhaps with a determination to follow in his footsteps, which he achieved.

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD3VK14QK-g
              Last edited by 62S-R-S; 02-26-2024, 04:04 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                KISS/Motley/Poison/Van Halen

                We're not effin' around.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mostly KKJZ (jazz) and KUSC (classic) but sometimes the Eclectic 24 mix or live on KCRW when it's not NPR blather. I do love Van Halen with David Lee Roth.
                  Former British Leyland mechanic, remember them?
                  Long Beach, CA

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    We are probably mostly of similar ages, and so have general similar preferences in music when cranking on a wrench. As a recommendation for those who don't know it, Sam Cooke's "Live, The Harlem Square Club, 1963" is an obscure release that is often ranked among the very best albums ever made. It's a very gritty live recording, of which the only fault is that it is all too brief. It's available in CD, though probably not in electronic format.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by raspritz View Post
                      Sam Cooke's "Live, The Harlem Square Club, 1963" is an obscure release that is often ranked among the very best albums ever made. It's a very gritty live recording, of which the only fault is that it is all too brief. It's available in CD, though probably not in electronic format.
                      Thanks I found the full album on youtube ...very nice

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by raspritz View Post
                        We are probably mostly of similar ages, and so have general similar preferences in music when cranking on a wrench. As a recommendation for those who don't know it, Sam Cooke's "Live, The Harlem Square Club, 1963" is an obscure release that is often ranked among the very best albums ever made..
                        Great talent. I envy the folks that find a 'band' they can listen to for hours, as I have lost that ability. Usually I search for a tune that has a strong melody line, and maybe an emotional current when possible to it. Not really a fan of 'Europe' but it's incredible the singer on keyboard created a riff in school, forgot about it, then later attempted to use it in live setting, to warm up fans prior to band hitting the stage. No one expected that early cell phone manufacturers would make it part of their ring tones..? ?

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGxx4Yf0N84



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Blues, R&B, some Jazz like George Benson. Clapton, the 3 Kings, SRV, Derek Truck, Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, Joe Bonamassa, Chuck Barry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elmore James, JJ Cale, Winters Brothers, early early Stones, early early J Giles, etc., etc.
                          But nothing by Paul McCartney! Rennsport dinner conversation humor between 5 or 6 guys. As usual I was the odd man out. But what do you expect from a guy who drives around 2 cylinders short.
                          Chris Pomares
                          2.4L
                          Last edited by Chris Pomares; 11-30-2023, 05:03 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by raspritz View Post
                            We are probably mostly of similar ages, and so have general similar preferences in music when cranking on a wrench. As a recommendation for those who don't know it, Sam Cooke's "Live, The Harlem Square Club, 1963" is an obscure release that is often ranked among the very best albums ever made. It's a very gritty live recording, of which the only fault is that it is all too brief. It's available in CD, though probably not in electronic format.
                            Sam Cooke's "Live at the Harlem Square Club, 1963" seems like a hidden gem for fans of gritty, real live recordings. Your insight into shared music choices, as well as the album's rarity, add to its attractiveness. I will definitely check it out. I appreciate the tip!Magic 8 ball

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Fleetwood Mac, the best R&R band of all time.
                              John Audette
                              www.911bestinclass.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X