X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velocette V-Twin

Hello, glad to see this place thriving with a passion for political persuasions for all walks of life... I've concentrated a while on how to conjure a method to have a reliable early bike. I hope to be proven wrong, but with rare exception pre-war bikes are largely a part of the landscape in Europe only, with no equivalent anything in the U.S. other than a few prepped and painted examples from Mecum. I have no idea who to consult, but a few shops might be capable in the U.S. Further, if you're able to source something from BAT - they are often good for about 5 - 10 hp. That's just not gonna cut it in today's world, including 25mph residential pavement, with any type of slope.

Any leads are welcome.. At the same time, it happened here, so in theory, it can be done :

Great video! I too would love to own something pre-war that had both the power and the reliability to use regularly on U.S. roads. Seems with all the retro-modding going on in the car community, that this would be an opportunity for bike builders.

Comment

I wasn't sure if the thread would work well here, so it's cool to have props from the top guy..

Comment

I'd love to own an early motorcycle but I've heard such bad things about them being almost impossible to live with and terrible to ride. My Dad's brother had a Crocker when I was in high school that he foolishly sold for peanuts before they were worth much. Talk about a beautiful machine!

Comment

Originally posted by 62S-R-S View Post
          I wasn't sure if the thread would work well here, so it's cool to have props from the top guy..

Huh? I haven't said anything....
          Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
          autoforeign@gmail.com
          67S's......

Comment

Originally posted by 62S-R-S View Post
            Top guy? I can only assume you're measuring by height.

Unless Dirk's here.

Comment

Originally posted by Keller View Post
              I'd love to own an early motorcycle but I've heard such bad things about them being almost impossible to live with and terrible to ride. My Dad's brother had a Crocker when I was in high school that he foolishly sold for peanuts before they were worth much. Talk about a beautiful machine!
              A Crocker??!!?? Now that's what I'm talking about. Any photos?

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post

A Crocker??!!?? Now that's what I'm talking about. Any photos?
                Sorry. This was WAY before we all walked around with a phone in our pocket. But my memory is something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	crocker.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	9022

Comment

Great stuff. We visited this place last year when we were in NC. LOTS of eye candy...

https://wheelsthroughtime.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rubyred View Post
                    Great stuff. We visited this place last year when we were in NC. LOTS of eye candy...

https://wheelsthroughtime.com/
                    I used to watch a (really bad) TV show about a guy who chased old motorcycles, kind of a Chasing Classic Cars for bikes. Wheels Through Time was often featured on the show and I always wanted to go. On my list.

Comment

Beautiful collection in NC. Some of the rough ones remind me of the '33 Harley below w/ Patty Brownell.. later became known as Patty Waggin in Burlesque circles).. No one rides these at a motocross today. They sit in museums, put in storage, and are kept off the roads in the U.S.

Click image for larger version  Name:	33 Harley Patty Brownell.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.1 KB ID:	9052

VLD Harley Davidson at auction today...

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0818-34...-davidson-vld/
                      Last edited by 62S-R-S; 01-03-2023, 09:45 PM.

Comment

This thread got me thinking about bikes again. I'm a longtime Harley rider but nothing of theirs excites me right now. I did stop by the Indian dealership today and look at a Scout. Pretty machine. May go back for a test ride.

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
                          This thread got me thinking about bikes again. I'm a longtime Harley rider but nothing of theirs excites me right now. I did stop by the Indian dealership today and look at a Scout. Pretty machine. May go back for a test ride.
                          I wish I had an informed opinion on modern day Harleys. A shop converted this 2000 model to café racer, with a more parallel topline that I like. Still, it's in the area of 600 lb bike...but with a retro feel to it.

https://rocket-garage.blogspot.com/2...le-by-xtr.html
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by 62S-R-S; 01-11-2023, 05:06 PM.

Comment

2000 Stock HD Dyna. Adventure, lessons on safety :

Comment

Had a Norton Dominator,, 1963 650SS, might call it a pre war bike if you know what I mean. Loved that Bile a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X