X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh brother.

One can rave all they want about their non-binary car but if there's a photo of it on this thread I suspect it's automatically a POS.
    Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
    Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	prowler.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	3625

What can I say? It seemed like a good idea at the time. Plus there was a waiting list so I knew it had to be special!

Comment

Originally posted by bob joyce View Post
        1965 Karmann Ghia. had to drive it with one hand squeegeeing the windshield condensation. /On the other hand, a 1970 Ghia convertible (had a fan) and was a great car.
        Drive tastes can differ greatly between automobile models, as illustrated by the difficulties encountered with a 1965 Karmann Ghia against the comfort gained with a 1970 Ghia convertible.Gb Whatsapp

Comment

Audi 2000. I don't remember the year, probably late 70's. early 80's. Just total crap. Finally died when we went over a railroad crossing and the engine fell out. Honestly.
          John Audette
          www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Can't resist a good pile on for crap cars. I also have a do-not-go-there list for those who would listen.

The Jeep Grand Cherokee. 3 new differentials (two front and one rear or visa-versa) One "letting itself be known" on the way home from the dealership 1st day! Blower motors, CEL's all the time. Torque arms not getting torqued after each diff replaced. Scared the bejesus out of my wife.

Sold it and we stepped on another turd. The ML320 affectionately known as the Alabama Trash Can.
            2 years later ditched for an E320 wagon which we still have. 220,000 miles. The other Rock of Gibraltar is our 2006 E320CDI. Last in-line 6 no DEF. OM648 engine. 219,000 miles. Runs like a top. One injector seal last year which I did myself. Replaced the glow plug module. Regular oil changes and drive it like you stole it. Diesels appreciate being run.
            Never will forget my cousin putting over 600,000 miles on a 300SDL. 2 water pumps and an ac unit. Tires and oil were the other expenses. They don't build them like that anymore.

Best new car we've bought is a 2016 Land Cruiser. Aussies: "They say if you want to go into the outback, take a Land Rover - if you want to get back, take a Landcruiser".

Besides reliability and toughness, these are cars that reward owners with great re-sale value. Check BAT anytime and you'll find a Lexus version which isn't as popular for re-sale (it's the name) but they still hold value with hundreds of thousands on the odometer.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by sithot; 03-17-2024, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Big fan of the facelifted Gen7 Cruisers. Hard to get the good ones as owners don't want to sell!

Comment

Originally posted by rubyred View Post
                Big fan of the facelifted Gen7 Cruisers. Hard to get the good ones as owners don't want to sell!
                4 cylinder "iForce Max Hybrid Engine. NO SALE!

https://topelectricsuv.com/featured/...-land-cruiser/

Last edited by sithot; 03-27-2024, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Worst car was a VW 411L. Dad imported it in 1968, horrible to maintain as it became my "first" car in 1973 with a bad trans, and multple electrical issues. That was sold and I then got the 56 Oval beetle (that dad bought new in Wolfsburg), we still own it to this day.

Best car was a 1988 BMW 325IS bought new at Vaseks in Manhattan Bch. 2nd best car was a 2005 Passat TDI wagon (Tammy totaled it in 2009). From there on out we've had Subaru's as daily drivers and they have been pretty much bullet proof for us, I've got one, and both boys own their own as well. Tammy's got a Cayenne Diesel and it's been stellar mechanically but a little hinky on electrics (under warranty thankfully).
                  Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
                  autoforeign@gmail.com
                  67S's......

Comment

Working...
                  X