X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future

I can't get my head around how quick this is, it looks like computer simulation.
    https://www.motor1.com/news/594471/m...d-hill-record/

Absolutely insane. I could kill myself quite efficiently with one of those.

Comment

Holy…..moly.

No getting around it, it is the future. Glad I’m old(er).

While the acceleration is killer I much prefer the sounds and smells of yesterday. That’s why I love hanging around old lakeside marinas in the heat of the summer.

Comment

It is not just the acceleration, the fan produces 2,000kg of downforce standing still! Unless you actually hit something, it would be very difficult to leave the road.
        This is basically the old Chaparral fan car, but all electric.
        I drove ground effect cars, but the effect increased the faster you drove, it took some trust to believe the car would go around a corner without a lift. If you lifted you lost downforce.
        This constantly is sucked down by the fan.
        What is it with Brits and vacuum...Hoover, Dyson, and now this Scot?
        I almost forgot the old vacuum tube system for office communication, still in use at some drive up banks.

Comment

First thought is $1.2M sounds too cheap.
          Second is the immense pair of gonads and skill it takes to pilot a car like this properly. When using the formula of

more money = less skill

I hope the company requires a pro certification before a deposit is taken.
          Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
          Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Max Chilton, the ex F1 guy who drove it, drives a 73 RS. At least that is what he drove to Goodwood.

Comment

I'm with Doug. Gas fumes to me are like Channel 5 (Chanel). It just get's me in the mood to head to the hills (8 to12,000 feet) and hammer. I'm sure E cars are awesome performers. My car is fast enough for me, thank you very much.
              If Max showed up in a 73RS he has very good taste indeed.

Comment

Working...
              X