X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing in Europe

As we are all car-guys, I thought you might be interested in my trip to Europe over the past two weeks, racing my 1959 Huffaker BMC mk1 formula junior. I first raced the Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix, a super-dangerous through-the-streets race. In pouring rain with a broken gearbox, my only goal was to survive unscathed. I finished last, with my racecar intact. The two Lemans drivers, Tom Kristensen and Michelle Gatting, were less fortunate. Then, this past weekend I raced the AvD Oldtimer Grand Prix at the Nurburgring. I was delighted to bring home a trophy for finishing third in my class. Now we are back home in Denver, starting to prepare for racing the Spa 6-Hours at the end of September. Click image for larger version  Name:	299835181_468668928599618_1464859777850140651_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.8 KB ID:	7077
    Last edited by raspritz; 08-18-2022, 06:45 AM.

Joe Huffaker was a talented engineer. I had the pleasure of driving for him in IMSA Camel Lights series with a Spice fitted with a Pontiac MFI four banger he had modified.
    By the way, you should run that car with a 55 number, that was the number on all his cars.
    flatsixer
    aka rstarga
    Last edited by flatsixer; 08-17-2022, 07:56 AM.

Comment

I have the complete racing history of this car from new. Originally owned by Richard McDaniel of Dallas, he variously raced it as #18, #118, or #96. Since 2001 the car has usually run as #15, which is its permanent number assigned by FJHRA and the FIA, caveat special events such as Goodwood and Monaco (the car raced as #7 when it won at Monaco).

Comment

That is a very nice FJ, just from a historical standpoint you should see if 55 is free, every car that the Huffaker team ran used that number. His genie's, IMSA cars, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X