X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mercedes

I have collected 4 mercedes in the last couple years. I don't have enough to do on my 911 anymore (other than hugely expensive things) It will stay a patina rod ,driver.
    I have bought a few mercedes. Definitely quirky in their own right with a good initial build quality and components.
    1972 280se 4.5 w108
    1974 450SLC c107
    1984 300sd w126 diesel
    1985 300td w123 diesel
    the diesels are the apocalypse car

Steve

Very nice collection! I'm a big fan of them, and dad always had some version of a diesel. He drove the old Mercedes, and mom had VW TDI's. Dad had W114's for decades... 200D, 220D, 240D.. all manuals, and all european models.

I have my dad's last diesel, it's a 1991 300D turbo. It's having some issues right now, and needs to go into the shop (hard to find good ones, even here in Seattle area).

Looking forward to pics of yours!

BTW, I've gone to the Essen Techno Classico show many times over the last dozen years and the support for vintage Mercedes is really big over there, and the Mercedes Club members have a special area in the Mercedes Pavilion to show their cars, and I've seen some outstanding examples of 60's through 90's cars there.

Eric

Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Comment

Mercedes does a rally good job on classic parts too.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Gghe61Giw

Comment

IMO, Mercedes E-Class Wagon is the way to go for daily driver, safe, comfortable and roomy. You can easily haul a 911 engine with room to spare!

Comment

Originally posted by J Schiavone View Post
            IMO, Mercedes E-Class Wagon is the way to go for daily driver, safe, comfortable and roomy. You can easily haul a 911 engine with room to spare!
            That's been my approach for the last six-plus years. Bought a leftover '16 (S212) as the '17s (S213) were hitting the showrooms. I don't know that it will be a forever Mercedes like the 123/124/126s of yore, but at my age it's a possibility.

Attached Files
            teenchy
            short stroke
            Last edited by teenchy; 09-09-2023, 05:45 PM. Reason: added photo

Comment

So I have added 2 300sd since my first post. totally passable drivers . no rust ,no accidents each has a couple projects to be done but solid. 84 black /palomino with paint and what I call cop car patina and an 83 surf blue/gray leather good repaint in original color. FWIW 300sd seems to be faster than the 300d

Comment

Not Vintage version, but I enjoyed it while I had it. A 1998 300E TD. I miss it. It was an extra car and I needed some funds for the 912 POLO project at that time. The money from the car vaporized in less than 24 hours. The downside here in the greater Denver area is diesel cars have to get an E-test every year. On the open road the car got 30 to 35 miles a gallon. Nice.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	47379182-291F-4026-B0BF-93120BFE8838.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	9541 I have owned a number of Mercedes over the years, and am currently loving the use of my 99 C43 AMG sedan as a daily driver. I just went over 80,000 miles and the car is as new in every respect. I think of it as the summary of all of the technology of the original MB operation, before they lost their way in a merger from hell. Nuff said. The M113 engine is strong and reliable, almost indestructible if you maintain it properly.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Silverc4s View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	47379182-291F-4026-B0BF-93120BFE8838.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	9541 I have owned a number of Mercedes over the years, and am currently loving the use of my 99 C43 AMG sedan as a daily driver. I just went over 80,000 miles and the car is as new in every respect. I think of it as the summary of all of the technology of the original MB operation, before they lost their way in a merger from hell. Nuff said. The M113 engine is strong and reliable, almost indestructible if you maintain it properly.
                    That's a great looking car.

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                      The 1998 300E TD sounds like a cherished memory. It's a shame you had to let it go for your project, but sometimes priorities change. The car's fuel efficiency and performance on the open road were impressive. E-tests can be a hassle, but it's essential for the environment. Hopefully, you'll have a chance to own another classic like that in the future. Happy driving.

Comment

I’ll join the Benz party. This is our 2nd ‘91 560SEC. Last year for the big coupe. We’ve had plenty of others. We love this thing. Like an older Porsche, boat or plane, takes it’s toll on the checkbook. Oh well, you can’t take it with you. Window sticker was 89k…in ‘91! That’s got to be Maybach money today! Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0095.jpg Views:	0 Size:	252.8 KB ID:	11748 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0094.jpg Views:	0 Size:	268.9 KB ID:	11749 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0097.jpg Views:	0 Size:	286.0 KB ID:	11750

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	2011 Concourse 035.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.7 KB ID:	11754
                          OK, I'll play.
                          My 98 E300 TD. Lowered, Sport Bilstein's, Mono Blocks. 30 to 35 MPG on cross country tours. I truly miss that car.
                          I finally found the picture. It was in the wrong file. Of course I never do that.
                          Chris Pomares
                          2.4L
                          Last edited by Chris Pomares; 09-09-2023, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X