Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A place for the cars with the overhead cam 4 cylinder engines.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some different stickies. I stuck them on the car last weekend. The 67 green dots are magnetic. Click image for larger version  Name:	F6DB2D19-F443-4934-8581-A3871CADA91D.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.4 KB ID:	10513 Click image for larger version  Name:	518D371A-7AB0-4DDA-BB69-4487B719FD60.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.0 KB ID:	10514
    Attached Files
    Chris Pomares
    2.4L
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 04-20-2023, 04:30 PM.

Comment

ready for the checkered flag.

Comment

https://www.chrsn.de/
        when I go to chrsn.de on my PC it offers a English version. On my iPhone it doesn’t.
        Attached Files
        Chris Pomares
        2.4L
        Last edited by Chris Pomares; 04-29-2023, 08:42 AM.

Comment

I finally had the time and good weather to try out some new tires with a 200 wear rating. My Firestone’s are 340’s. There is a very noticeable difference. LED’s under the hood help illuminate much better. Early Boxster spare cover for 16's.
          Attached Files
          Chris Pomares
          2.4L
          Last edited by Chris Pomares; 06-15-2023, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Dean's site is back up.
            https://www.polomotor.com/

Comment

Leaving Golden, Co for Palm Springs tomorrow.
              The car is loaded, full tank of gas, and headed to St. George at 6am tomorrow. St. George to Palm Springs Saturday. High 90's and low 100's. The wind wings will get lots of use on this trip. I've probably made the trip from Colorado to SoCal beach cities and Carpinteria 25 times in the last 50 years as I grew up out there. LUF8, Parade, and Rennsport this year alone. We'll see what oil temps get to with my duel triple loop trombones in the front fenders. 14 quarts total. I'm guessing 200 to 210F. I know most here don't do the Parade. The last one I did was SLC so Randy Wells could do an article on the car. But if by chance you are there, look me up in the Historic display on Monday or PM me.
              Attached Files

Comment

By the way. I use the K&P oil filter. 24K on the engine. I just changed the oil for the trip. The core comes out so you can inspect the pleats for bits and pieces. Two seasons of driving with LUF8 part of those 5000 miles. Not one spec of metal. I'm a happy camper. I just changed from Driven 20-50 to Champion 15-50. I've never seen blue oil. We'll see how it goes.
                Attached Files
                Chris Pomares
                2.4L
                Last edited by Chris Pomares; 06-15-2023, 06:38 PM.

Comment

How’s the trip going Chris?

Comment

I made it. 75 to 90 mph and 28 mpg. The car ran great. Air temp was 90 to 105 degrees and the oil was 190 degrees.
                    I was concerned my 963 wouldn’t get here in time. Porsche pulled it off.
                    Attached Files
                    Chris Pomares
                    2.4L
                    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 06-18-2023, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Ed Mayo giving me a lesson on the perfect clutch adjustment.
                      I was working up a sweat watching him. I had a triple bypass heart attack the next night. If only Ed hadn't worked so hard in 110 degree weather I might never of had that heart attach.
                      Attached Files
                      Chris Pomares
                      2.4L
                      Last edited by Chris Pomares; 08-25-2023, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pomares View Post
                        Ed Mayo giving me a lesson on the perfect clutch adjustment.
                        teach us while we are young… what did he do..?

erwin_loves_polo

Comment

I had my first selfie turned into a sticker. That way I'll be easy to find at Rennsport. Those are the eyes of a guy who sees the world from a different place.
                          If all goes as planned the car should be in the 912 Corral. I'm not sure what wheels and tires to go with. Any preferences?
                          The car is going to the Arapahoe Concourse in Denver on 9/10. I'll put two of each on either side of the car and take a poll.
                          Oh, and something to give a 911 guy a little more gas. I just ordered a new set of personal plates. NO911NV, in honor of Jeff Trask.
                          We should never take ourselves to seriously, as almost no one else does.
                          Attached Files
                          Chris Pomares
                          2.4L
                          Last edited by Chris Pomares; 08-25-2023, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I got some new vintage plates today. I'm sure it will be a big hit here. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4872.jpg Views:	0 Size:	196.0 KB ID:	11764
                            Chris Pomares
                            2.4L
                            Last edited by Chris Pomares; 09-14-2023, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pomares View Post
                              I got some new vintage plates today. I'm sure it will be a big hit here. Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4872.jpg Views:	0 Size:	196.0 KB ID:	11764
                              Ahhh yes... memories of Jeff Trask.
                              Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
                              autoforeign@gmail.com
                              67S's......

Comment

Really? Is this the place for collections?

Comment

Working...
                                X