Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't Call it Pink - An '88 Cabriolet Goes from Black to Magenta (they/them)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Call it Pink - An '88 Cabriolet Goes from Black to Magenta (they/them)

If you've been paying attention, you may remember a few months back when I posted about my painter, Keith (
    Crankys Paint
    2.0L
    Crankys Paint), looking for an initial victim or two as he dives deeper into the Porsche world after spending the last 5 years or so splitting his time between my projects and another local shop where he's been doing vintage Ferrari work. Several of you made contact (much appreciated) and after much thought Keith has decided that his first project on his own is going to be an '88 Cabriolet owned by
    nvr2mny
    69E 3.2MFI
    nvr2mny which will be getting a complete color change from basic black to very-not-basic Magenta.

Because I thought it would be fun, and because I'm not above using this forum to shamelessly promote my friend and his skills, I'm starting this build thread so that anyone interested can follow along.

Here's the car as we begin disassembly. Super clean, original paint, and (hopefully) without major surprises.

Click image for larger version

Name:	88 cab.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	7388

More to come...

great ..... looks good on the shiny side.

Comment

Love Magenta

Comment

the wheels are bitchin'....
        Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
        autoforeign@gmail.com
        67S's......

Comment

JP, please, no pro-nouning my car! It’s very much a ‘masculine’ color and I’ll go buy the Izod shirt, 2 sizes too small of course, to prove it. Looking forward to watching this being trans…..formed!

Comment

Nothing says soy like magenta.

You nvr considered a non-binary like Light Ivory or Sand Beige?
            Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
            Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Beck View Post

You nvr considered a non-binary like Light Ivory or Sand Beige?
              Actually Frank, Chris P is building (your fav model of ALL time) a Polo powered 912 for me. When I bought it it was Sand Beige. Nope, couldn’t keep it that color (even tho it was very nice), going back to its original color of Ultra Blau.

What I believe will ‘help’ the Cab really pop the Magenta is its Linen interior.

Comment

Just the car for a Mary Kay vendor!

Comment

Geez, tough crowd…wouldn’t have it any other way. Being a conservative, my skin is thick.

Comment

Needs a sporto/tiptronic to "finish it off"...
                    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
                    autoforeign@gmail.com
                    67S's......

Comment

And here I thought Sepia was the worst color a 911 could be painted

Comment

When I asked, Keith told me that he finds blocking "relaxing". He's from Mississippi. I'm wondering if his reponse was a "bless your heart" kind of answer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blocking.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	8423

Just ordered paint. Glasurit base coat in magenta $1,050 a galllon!

Fortunately, Doug is a man of immense means with a "spare-no-expense" attitude. Wait until he sees the $1,500 buffing pads we found for this job.

Comment

Patience is an asset when painting. He looks like he is in a very Zen state of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
                            When I asked, Keith told me that he finds blocking "relaxing". He's from Mississippi. I'm wondering if his reponse was a "bless your heart" kind of answer.

Click image for larger version  Name:	blocking.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.5 KB ID:	8423

Just ordered paint. Glasurit base coat in magenta $1,050 a galllon!

Fortunately, Doug is a man of immense means with a "spare-no-expense" attitude. Wait until he sees the $1,500 buffing pads we found for this job.
                            It's still not too late to choose a different color

All jokes aside, the cost of materials has really gotten out of hand. I'm constantly reminded by my body guy.
                            sebaroher
                            Seabass
                            Last edited by sebaroher; 11-11-2022, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Really looking forward to seeing the final results. We're in desperate need of shops that know how to do these cars correctly.

Comment

Working...
                              X