Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Find a Bug? Don't Step On It. Report It.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find a Bug? Don't Step On It. Report It.

Find a Bug? Don't Step On It. Report It.

Quick request to all the homies.

This registry and forums are brand new and there was a significant amount of fresh code deployed in a very short amount of time. We did the usual QA and beta testing but, like all projects of this scope, there are bound to be some bugs that pop-up in the short term.

If you wouldn’t mind, we’d appreciate all of you being on the lookout and, if you see anything that looks odd or experience any errors, a quick post to this thread would be very helpful so our development team can locate any final bugs and kill them dead.

Thanks in advance.

JP

Did you receive my registry submission? I attached several large photos (>15MB) and wasn't sure if it went through. I don't recall seeing any error messages or warnings.

Comment

Originally posted by TurkisTii View Post
      Did you receive my registry submission? I attached several large photos (>15MB) and wasn't sure if it went through. I don't recall seeing any error messages or warnings.
      I see it in the database. Should go live today. Once live, you'll be able to view/edit your record under My Profile which can be seen at the top of any non-forum page of the website. Thanks for your submission, my friend!
      JP
      aka LiveFromNY
      Last edited by JP; 04-20-2022, 11:07 AM.

Comment

not reporting a bug but something very important to me ....since i absolutely do hate smilies is there a chance to introduce a "disable smilies" button or even better a permanently disable setting ... if not i`m also OK with getting rid of the smilie function at all... thanks .... if any of this already exists please enlighten me how to...

Comment

Originally posted by moito View Post
          not reporting a bug but something very important to me ....since i absolutely do hate smilies is there a chance to introduce a "disable smilies" button or even better a permanently disable setting ... if not i`m also OK with getting rid of the smilie function at all... thanks .... if any of this already exists please enlighten me how to...
          I'm honestly not sure but let me look into it!

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post

I'm honestly not sure but let me look into it!
            to speed up things.......the early911s has this function...

Comment

I am missing the functionality of the

Button.
              As there are not that many threads yet I cannot foresee if the
              Click image for larger version

Name:	wn1.png
Views:	242
Size:	1.2 KB
ID:	347
              is the equivalent - I think latest activity lists individual posts not changed /added threads.

Comment

to speed up things.......the early911s has this function...
                Are you saying that the other registry you mentioned allows individuals to hide/ignore emoticons/smilies? They're running an archaic version of vBulletin so I find that interesting. Can you tell me where that feature is found within the user controls?

Comment

Originally posted by uai View Post
                  I am missing the functionality of the

Button.
                  As there are not that many threads yet I cannot foresee if the
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	wn1.png Views:	0 Size:	1.2 KB ID:	347
                  is the equivalent - I think latest activity lists individual posts not changed /added threads.
                  I hear you and I'm working on this. As we gain traction I'll have a better idea on how some of these new features on vBulletin5 actually work. We're running brand new stuff and still figuring it out. But this is on my list. In the meantime, on the forums homepage there is a panel on the right hand side showing "Latest Topics" which gets us at least part of the way there. Thanks for the suggestion.
                  JP
                  aka LiveFromNY
                  Last edited by JP; 04-21-2022, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Just an update. My guys are writing some custom code to allow you (and anyone else) the ability to hide/ignore emoticons. Should be done shortly and I'll let you know.

Comment

Just curious... What's wrong with emojis? Forum should support so we can show our feelings/mood that may be lost in writing. Frank would never have gotten banned if he was using the joking emoji.
                      TurkisTii
                      Duane
                      Last edited by TurkisTii; 04-21-2022, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Just curious... What's wrong with emojis? Forum should support so we can show our feelings/mood that may be lost in writing. Frank would never have gotten banned if he was using the joking emoji.
                        Agreed. I believe that over on Pelican that if someone is joking/sarcastic/lying they change that portion of their post to green lettering.... Course if we adopt something like that we could end up like LongRanger
                        Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
                        autoforeign@gmail.com
                        67S's......

Comment

O.K........no offense but you asked ........i find them VERY sissy and LGBTQIA+

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post

Are you saying that the other registry you mentioned allows individuals to hide/ignore emoticons/smilies? They're running an archaic version of vBulletin so I find that interesting. Can you tell me where that feature is found within the user controls?

Attached Files

Comment

O.K........no offense but you asked ........i find them VERY sissy and LGBTQIA+
                              Killing me. And no offense taken here. Frank, maybe...
                              JP
                              aka LiveFromNY
                              Last edited by JP; 04-22-2022, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X