Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

210579 which dealer sold it in the US ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • soterik1
    replied
    Originally posted by Midget1234 View Post
    Thanks much soterik1. Birth Certificate is the successor of Kardex. Kardex handwritten cards only exist for cars up to 1969 (from what I understand). Google ✅. PCA back issues may be a good source. I will also reach out to Porsche of America, perhaps they have old sales records. Thanks for the support!
    Sorry, I forgot about Kardex limitations past 1969. I think that if you can somehow work your way backward through any previous ownership even if it's dealers then you might be able to pin down a narrower date to then go through back issues of Panorama (or Excellence) from people who have saved these in their Porsche library. As JP mentioned DMV can be helpful.

    Leave a comment:


  • JP
    replied
    And I'm curious. You need this information why??

    Leave a comment:


  • JP
    replied
    I've been able to get a Kardex for some Swiss-delivered cars from MY 1970 but cars from anywhere else seem to end in 1969. Do you know anything about its history in the U.S.? What part of the country it came from? I've had surprisingly good results contacting state DMV's.

    Leave a comment:


  • Midget1234
    replied
    Thanks much soterik1. Birth Certificate is the successor of Kardex. Kardex handwritten cards only exist for cars up to 1969 (from what I understand). Google ✅. PCA back issues may be a good source. I will also reach out to Porsche of America, perhaps they have old sales records. Thanks for the support!

    Leave a comment:


  • soterik1
    replied
    If you can get the kardex, it might show the dealer and perhaps the customer. Is the "birth certificate" you are referring to the "kardex"? Also, you may want to do a search on what you can find on the ownership trail. Have you searched the serial number on the Early S Registry or just googled it? I found history on a car I owned by getting some dates of sale from the ownership history and then worked through some of the Porsche Club of America back issues in the classifieds and actually found the first owner when he sold the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • Midget1234
    started a topic 210579 which dealer sold it in the US ?

    210579 which dealer sold it in the US ?

    Hi my 2.2 E Targa was sold in the US based on the birth certificate. I am trying to find out to which US Dealer it was sold to and when. Currently the car lives in the Netherlands and there is some confusion on the registration date. Authorities here need the date it was first registered on a license plate. The only info I have (from the birth certificate) is that it was sold/invoiced by Porsche Germany on Feb 25th 1970. It was sold to Porsche North America. My question: how do I find out to which dealer ? I am trying to obtain some sort of document to show when it received its first license plate.

    Any help or tips are welcome.



    Click image for larger version

Name:	Garage.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	288
Working...
X