• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Dave Awesome
    Hello

• Dave Awesome
    replied
    1982 Camero Berlinetta V6 like this one, not mine. And several other American cars of the period I could afford. Zero reliability and interiors were terrible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	712863DD-817B-48AB-86E7-9A4E6B3443B4.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	3196

Leave a comment:

• Dirk07
    Gipsy KIng Diggler

• Dirk07
    replied
    My wife's 11/02 VW Touareg. 267 or 276th produced car. Green over green with air suspension,.....
    Fun to drive on Autobahn and the Alps, but most of the time we had to drive to the VW workshop. Finally sold after 18 month and 40+ workshop visits.

Leave a comment:

• JP
    aka LiveFromNY

• JP
    replied
    Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
    Standing in the pits with Joe Huffaker, who at the time was fielding a Pontiac Fiero for the factory. A guy walks over and says to Joe, "I have a Fiero", Joe replies "I am so sorry"

Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

Leave a comment:

• flatsixer
    aka rstarga

• flatsixer
    replied
    Standing in the pits with Joe Huffaker, who at the time was fielding a Pontiac Fiero for the factory. A guy walks over and says to Joe, "I have a Fiero", Joe replies "I am so sorry"

Leave a comment:

• JP
    aka LiveFromNY

• JP
    replied
    Originally posted by Gananarama View Post
    Don Mattingly. It seems he had opportunities to love his car that I simply did not.
    Too funny. I love my Chevy Citation X-11 for the same reasons.

Leave a comment:

• Gananarama
    2.0L

• Gananarama
    replied
    Originally posted by Crankys Paint View Post
    81 Trans Am. Last year of 2nd gen F body, first year of ECM, 301 v8 with 130 hp back when they had to detune engines to deal with the Democrats first fuel/energy crisis. It was a tank and a turd with t tops that always leaked with brand new GM weatherstrip.
    I'm going to second this one as I bought the last one off the lot of a NJ Pontiac dealer in '82.

Funny story from my NYC days way back when...

I'd owned my car for about six months and was just realizing how much I hated it when I noticed another one parking near me in the underground garage of my apartment building in Manhattan. Over a couple months I noticed that the driver was a young man and we smiled and nodded at each other a couple times in brief recognition of our twin black Trans Ams.

Fast forward a couple months more and I'm invited to a party by another neighbor at which the owner of the other Trans Am was also in attendance.

At some point we found ourselves in the same group of people and I mentioned to him that I knew him from his car. He smiled and replied "I thought that was you, aren't they GREAT cars?". I almost felt bad seeing the look on his face telling him how unhappy I was with mine and why it was anything but a great car. "We'll, maybe.", he said, "But the ladies love it. I swear I had a couple chasing after it when I left the bar the other night".

"But, Don," came a reply from someone standing off to the side, "you're a NY Yankee."

Don Mattingly. It seems he had opportunities to love his car that I simply did not.
    Gananarama
    2.0L
    Last edited by Gananarama; 05-29-2022, 12:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JP
    aka LiveFromNY

• JP
    replied
    Originally posted by raspritz View Post
    Well, there was my first car, a 1968 Fiat 850 Spyder. "Fix It Again Tony"
    Memories! I had a '73 that I loved. I still think it was one of the prettiest cars I ever owned. Unfortunately, try as we might, we could NOT keep it running for any extended period of time. It was really more art than car.

Name:	fiat850.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	2942

Leave a comment:

• Crankys Paint
    2.0L

• Crankys Paint
    replied
    81 Trans Am. Last year of 2nd gen F body, first year of ECM, 301 v8 with 130 hp back when they had to detune engines to deal with the Democrats first fuel/energy crisis. It was a tank and a turd with t tops that always leaked with brand new GM weatherstrip.

Leave a comment:

• raspritz
    replied
    Worst car. Hmm. Well, there was my first car, a 1968 Fiat 850 Spyder. "Fix It Again Tony". Then there was a 1973 Vega. We left that one sitting in front of the apartment until the city hauled it away. And let's not even talk about RVs, which in terms of being POS are in a class of their own.

Leave a comment:

• flatsixer
    aka rstarga

• flatsixer
    replied
    I forgot about this one, co-owned with my lifetime friend in his usual attire.

Name:	Atzi Simca.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	2899

Leave a comment:

• gtBen
    commented on 's reply
    :-) ...10 characters

• Tom F2
    replied
    75 Plymouth Fury. Imagine naming a car for the way that the owner felt about it? Clever, huh?

Leave a comment:

• Bullethead
    Oil Cooled Heart

• Bullethead
    replied
    @JP: Had a friend that bought a new Corvette every 2-3 years starting with a '72. Every ride with him was me pointing out a rattle (s) that seemed to have been inherited from his previous Corvette. He of course ardently defended "America's Sports Car". I love C2 'Vettes, but GM's fit and finish was increasingly sub-par from the '70s on.

Anyway, our candidate: 1995 Range Rover LWB. Beluga black, tan leather, the original Vanity of the Bonfires urban assault vehicle. Participated in a Range Rover promoted off-road ramble a month after we got it... during the event, the adjustable suspension failed. Good place to happen, flatbed to the dealer, two days later we get it back with a "bad sensors, should never happen again".

We're outdoors people, so a canoe/kayak rack was added, and about 2 months later went on a mud & paddle Jamboree near Naples. Had a blast: nothing like rolling through door-deep muck while ensconced in fine leather, wood and aircon while listening to Vivaldi. Afterwards, a quick stop at a carwash to remove the evidence and the suspension gets wonky again. Lifted and dropped half a dozen times on the 2 1/2 hour drive home. Took it to the dealer, service writer is aghast upon opening the hood: engine compartment was covered in mud. "Where on earth did you go?" he asks... I said we didn't get the thing to drive to the f@*king mall. Fix the issue and detail it, thanks. Less than a month later, down to the Miami Modern show to load up some mid-century furniture, on the return trip the thing falls on the stops lowrider style and won't get up. Spent the night in Miami and they sent another flatbed plus a loaner. Same issue happened 4 more times in 10 months... along the way, rust had to be addressed on the tailgate, and the AC needed attention. Happy to be rid of it after 24 months, thank god it was a lease.

Godless yuppie DINKs !

Click image for larger version  Name:	Binder1_Page_18 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	149.3 KB ID:	2807
    Bullethead
    Oil Cooled Heart
    Last edited by Bullethead; 05-26-2022, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NickP
    Euro 73S and 72T —> ST

• NickP
    replied
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Fully loaded 8 cylinder model. Visibility was awful, “A” pillars were huge, I never felt safe. Also couldn’t see behind me, rear quarter windows were tiny. My kids felt claustrophobic in the back, this was the only vehicle they ever hated being in. Now this is a good one..the A/C was crap: it was loud and not very cold. After repeated trips to service, the service writer said “hey, this isn’t a Toyota, what do you expect?” I dumped it after 14 months at a big loss, but worse car ever so I was happy to get it out of my life.

Leave a comment:

• Hillman
    replied
    Originally posted by simonjb View Post
    Well, when I was in NZ I had a 1978 Holden (GM) Sunbird...4 cylinder 80 HP heavy dog
    My sister's first car was a Sunbird. And I agree, Terrible car!

For me, it was a Mercury Bobcat I bought when I was 17 for $1,500. Green with a white vinyl top. I was so excited for my first car. And then I drove it. Hard to believe a $500 car wouldn't meet my low expectations but this car managed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X