Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Rolly Resos milestone tribute decals

Hello folks,
    Long-time Porsche enthusiast and Southern California hot rodding icon Rolly Resos turned 90 years-old this year and we honored him at the R Gruppe Treffen held in St George Utah this passed May with a birthday song and a custom jacket.
    Rolly is one of the longest tenured and most active members of the early Porsche community. His dependable attendance at Porsche events over many, many years has culminated into a powerful example. His 1966 multi-colored hot rod is an early 911 icon and has set the bar for a lot of us. I will never forget the first time I saw it. That moment forever changed the way I thought about Porsche 911.

In Utah, John Binion, Randy Wells and myself discussed acknowledging Rolly's milestone in the form of a tribute decal which enthusiasts can acquire and display on their garage toolboxes, refrigerators and cars.
    The decals were offered to R Gruppe members and the first batch has sold out. Sales to non-Gruppe members has been approved, should anyone be interested.

The design is by me and Randy photographed Rolly's portrait. You might be interested to know that Rolly also has approved and felt honored that we wanted to do this on his behave.

The decals are $6 each plus shipping and are available in front or rear adhesive.

They will need to be ordered so if you're interested, post here or message me the type and quantity you'd like. You can also email me: marksgtv@me.com
    We might also consider making magnets if enough people like that idea.

I thank you and I thank Rolly for inspiring me to create my own Porsche hot rod.
    Here's the decals and my own photo of Rolly in Utah with his '74 Carrera. I hope I'm driving like him when I'm 90.

Mark Morrissey
    Attached Files

Awesome. I’ll order 5 of each.
    I met Rolly at Pamona in the 80’s. He truly is a So Cal Porsche icon.
    I too hope I’m driving like him at 90!
    Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
    Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Thanks Frank. I've got them ordered and will update when they're in.

Comment

Mark, thanks for initiating this.
        One of my pet peeves in this world is that we typically wait until someone passes from old age before honoring them… what an absolutely ridiculous ritual!

Let’s honor folks while they’re able to share all of their cool stories.
        Go Rolly!
        Old, white cisgender male oppressor.
        Influencer/Life Coach.

www.beckseuropean.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Beck View Post
          Mark, thanks for initiating this.
          One of my pet peeves in this world is that we typically wait until someone passes from old age before honoring them… what an absolutely ridiculous ritual!

Let’s honor folks while they’re able to share all of their cool stories.
          Go Rolly!
          I agree with you Frank. Its a shame that most people who have passed on don't get to appreciate any tributes paid to them.
          I wish I could take all the credit for this ... I collaborated with Randy Wells and John Binion and did put the design together but it was actually John's idea.
          Rolly has a gentle, modest nature which I find very refreshing in this current age.

Comment

Decals are in Frank... I sent you an email.

Comment

Mark,
              I lot track of your website name. Please post it.
              Thanks, Chris

Comment

I tried to put it in my sig but it didn't work
                Here it is:
                www.markmorrissey.org

Comment

Working...
                X