X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Product: LWB Turn Signals

I'm about as hard-core as it gets when it comes to the topic of original vs. reproduction. I once spent eight years restoring a 1960 Super 90 Roadster using only original parts, either NOS or restored (including nuts and bolts!). That was probably a little bit of madness but as you know I still restore original parts given my reverence for them.

Well, enough is enough. I restore a lot of turn signal and tail lights sets for the LWB cars and I've gotten sick and tired of rotten turn signal cores. The tail light cores are usually fine but the turn signals usually have through corrosion at one end and other whammo's. And then searching for better ones all I find are either more rotten ones or ones with extortionate prices. No more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pair tasker.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1805
    It was time to check out what was available and I can work with the new production housings from Tasker. They appear to be high quality - all metal and the details and craftsmanship are excellent. They have the flange/bulb holders required for correct Euro configuration. And they're well priced. I've heard of ill fitting bulb sockets but that hasn't been a problem so far. I don't believe that they can be identified as non-original when mounted on the car. Battle over.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pair silver euro assemblies.png
Views:	137
Size:	751.5 KB
ID:	1806

We're making them available in two configurations: bare housings (includes short harness) or fully configured assemblies that include:
    • AC made in Italy EuroLens lenses
    • gaskets
    • rubber drains
    • reflectors
    • our high performance incandescent bulbs
    Sold in pairs.

John Audette
    Audette Collection
    www.911bestinclass.com
    John Audette
    www.911bestinclass.com

Just an update. I'm selling a lot of these and folks seem pleased with them.
    John Audette
    www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

-- UPDATE --

I've added a configuration that is correct for Euro (RoW) cars. Here's a little blurb from the product listing:

Differences Between U.S. and Euro (RoW) LWB Turn Signals

Turn signals made for the U.S. have all amber lenses and the small 4w light is located on the outward side of the turn signal toward the outside of the car. Those made for Euro and RoW destinations have amber/clear lenses with the clear located on the inward side of the lens toward the inside of the car, next to the horn grille. The reason is that is where the 4w bulbs are located on Euro cars.

Many owners prefer the look of Euro lenses over the U.S. lenses and simply install them on U.S. housings. However, for those that prefer a more authentic and original look, that looks a bit off.

AC has solved that problem by converting U.S. housings to proper Euro housings. That's accomplished by installing a (hard to find) Porsche bulb holder on the proper end of the housing for the Euro configuration with wiring. The assemblies that are listed here are properly configured for the Euro look.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5732.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.9 KB ID:	4856 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5720.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.8 KB ID:	4855 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5729.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.4 KB ID:	4857 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5728.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.3 KB ID:	4854

More information and pricing here.

The city light holders are also available separately.

Click image for larger version  Name:	lwb turn signal city light 13.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.2 KB ID:	4858 Click image for larger version  Name:	lwb turn signal city light 11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.3 KB ID:	4859

Information on these here.

Thanks,
      John

jaudette3
      Really?
      Last edited by jaudette3; 07-04-2022, 05:48 PM.
      John Audette
      www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Working...
      X