Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Polo Red 67S SWT coming to BAT soon....

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Polo Red 67S SWT coming to BAT soon....

This is my car that I had a restoration done by Dave DiMaria from 2013 through 2017. We took this car to the Porsche Parade that year and the car won Honorary Judges Choice (first pic is me and Wolfgang Porsche), and Gmund level score of 298.6. The car is still in full concours condition, and the car runs and drives like it "should".

The car has 3,860 hours into the restoration by Dave and his crew. This doesn't include the sub contractor work done by Harvey, Tony, Victor Miles, Ollies, Paul Abbott, Ed Fall, Akers, Victor Miles, Bruce Crawford, PMB, Steven Rowe, Brad Davis, fellow member here Chris Pomares, etc etc.

Complete number matching; engine, trans, doors, headlight buckets. What could be restored "was"... so, all the deco parts were re-anodized, gold letters were re-plated. NOS was used where i had it, so the wipers are NOS and stamped SWF, turn and tail light assemblies are NOS.

The last picture in this section is Dave's front "office" with my car, Steve Shea's (member here) 67S which got 299.4 at the Parade in 2018, and then Spyder #007 the Buckelwagen which has an incredible history and this car was shown at the 2021 Parade and was judged at 299.5 and was voted pretty much best car of the show.

Click image for larger version  Name:	67S w speedster and wolfgang.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.3 KB ID:	1675 Click image for larger version  Name:	67S werks 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	185.6 KB ID:	1677 Click image for larger version  Name:	67S Denver 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	308.7 KB ID:	1679 Click image for larger version  Name:	67S resto 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.5 KB ID:	1678 Click image for larger version  Name:	67S parade 11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	236.7 KB ID:	1676 Click image for larger version  Name:	67S 550 Spyder 67S coupe Steve Shea.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.7 KB ID:	1674
    soterik
    HTH....!
    Last edited by soterik; 05-10-2022, 05:18 PM.
    Ah, but I was so much older then
    I'm younger than that now....

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Remarkable.

Comment

More pics.... Randy Wells Photography did the photo shoot for BAT, these are all pics that I took while hanging out....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Randy Wells 67S.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	1696 Click image for larger version

Name:	67s dave 4.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	1689 Click image for larger version

Name:	67S dave 3.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1690 Click image for larger version

Name:	67s dave 9.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1691 Click image for larger version

Name:	67S dave 2.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	1692 Click image for larger version

Name:	67S Dave 1.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	1693 Click image for larger version

Name:	67s dave 6.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1694 Click image for larger version

Name:	67S dave 7.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	1695 Click image for larger version

Name:	67s dave 10.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	1697 Click image for larger version

Name:	67s dave 8.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	1698

autoforeign@gmail.com
      67S's......

Comment

Love it Eric. Sad to see you sell it. Should do a record I'm sure.

Comment

I'm down at Dave's shop every couple of weeks. I'll have 2 cars in there soon. I've viewed Eric's car many times and it's an absolute stunner! It's a car for a serious collector. Perfect.

Comment

did the judges tell you about the 0.6 points missing short to full pull?
            erwin_loves_polo

Comment

Originally posted by haul View Post
              did the judges tell you about the 0.6 points missing short to full pull?
              Steve Shea's car was the one that was only short .6 My car was short 1.4. We know of two things that were truly missing on the car as they were left off the car and were in the restoration shop, true emoji moment! One was the overflow pipe for the fuel filler, and the other(s) were the nos rubber pads for the brake and clutch pedal. The last item was something political in the opinion of both Dave and I. But, you're never probably going to ever get a perfect score, as the judges are human and have their own idiosynchrosis and they only have a limited time to judge. So, you might fix the problems on one showing and the next one you'll have something different with a different set of judges.

We were very pleased getting Honorary Judges Choice (voted on by Wolfgang Porsche and then CEO of PCNA Klaus Zellmer).

I know of a couple of things I would change now, they are very simple but would take too much time and work. It would be guys here that would make a distinction, guys like Moito, Mark Allen, etc. We have done all the simple things that you would look for like the rear view mirror, vented front bumper guards, rocker and bumper deco, black Boge shocks, etching the Leistrtitz on the muffler etc. etc. We were lucky that Tony was able to save the original Targa vinyl headliner, as there's nothing to replicate it.

I would keep an item that gets a lot of discussion and that is the red paint on the tips of the bolts/nuts that hold the engine lid grill in place, so the grill is bolted in place and after the nuts are screwed down, there is body color paint put on the tips of them. There was a great discussion with Dave and many judges after the close of judging on details on the car with not only the judges that worked our car, but several other judges that had worked other classes (Mark Smedley as an example).

Note that we looked at many original paint cars, and had a full photo shoot of a 22,000 mile one owner 67 911S coupe in Polo red to work from.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Randy Wells 67S 2.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	1759

autoforeign@gmail.com
              67S's......

Comment

Good luck with the auction. This is how it is done. I don't think Dave has ever left a Parade without a Gmund award. And he's shown quite a few. Having visited Dave's shop many times I can say I'd almost buy a Targa after seeing Eric's car. As nice as my car is we had to borrow the front bumper guards from Eric's car to show mine at the 2018 Parade. Thank you Eric. Perfection is an admirable goal and I know of none who have achieved it; this car comes close.

Comment

Stunning car
                  soterik
                  HTH....!
                  soterik - I am sure it will do very well!

Comment

Working...
                  X