Shirt Case,
    Porsche Factory Luggage,
    Option 9241,
    Accessory Catalogue 1967,
    black leather with green inner fabric,

also published in Christophorus May 1970,
    european edition

very rare

This shirtcase was bought by the owner for his 356C in 1967 directly at the factory in Stuttgart. He remembers a small sales room with only some articles to be able to purchase.

The luggage is a first hand item.

Attached Files
    erwin_loves_polo

Thanks haul!
    I caught site of this luggage on your Instagram feed, thanks for reposting here.

I really wanted to see more pics, and so, thank you! Also appreciate the issue of Christophorus (I have it). That luggage bag is amazing condition!! Looks NOS. Congrats on finding. Please find one for me!! I have the re-issued plaid luggage like you do, but a leather one would be amazing. The NiCola auction that is coming up has some luggage, but it's all for much later time period.

I have one of the other pieces from this group. Below are pictures of the large suitcase that used to belong to Chick Iverson (option 9237). I got this from Gary Emory many years ago when he had a moment of weakness . For those who don't know, Gary was employed by Chick Iverson from when he was 20yo for many decades, and it was Gary who founded the Parts Obsolete business under Chick's corporation.

The pictures with the car include an image of a large suitcase opened up. My father imported this specially ordered car for a customer, and the pics are from when they took delivery of the car on the dock up in Vancouver BC. Turns out that the order was for 1 of the 25 1968 911L euro model rally cars with the 901/30 engine. There's a long thread on the old forum about these cars.

So the 68L was very heavily optioned including Rally kit 9552 (which included the 901/30 engine, short circuit gearbox, rally seats, etc) several luggage pieces, roof rack, extended hub wood steering wheel, tinted glass, chrome wheels, seat belts, etc. etc.

In one of the pictures (my dad is on the right in both pictures), the one with my dad and the customer Don Grish, there appears to be a shirt luggage bag (like haul has) in front of my dad, but it's not
    on the order form, or the kardex, so perhaps it's just Don's wife Rosi's purse.

I have quite a bit of the paperwork on the car including my dad's original order forms, and some correspondence with the factory on the car.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230428_175037.jpg Views:	0 Size:	171.6 KB ID:	10626

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230428_175202.jpg Views:	0 Size:	191.2 KB ID:	10627

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230501_155226.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	10624

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230501_155052.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.0 KB ID:	10625
    soterik
    HTH....!
    Last edited by soterik; 05-01-2023, 08:34 PM.
    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Comment

Wow Eric,

now I understand, and yes, I think we all remember the story of the silver 911. What a story this was.

Concerning the condition of the shirt case:
      It is used and it shows its scars from years of usage and travel. But, of course. I had it thoroughly cleaned and then gave it a treatment with a leather fluid from my upholsterer, and finally used some „old school“ black shoe wax and had this properly polished. The shirt case really deserved this.

Luggage is really a wonderful collectors theme, with the side effect, that it needs a lot a storage space! Thus I sold major parts of my 80ies red series to Nevada, to freely move again.

Chris Stavros from San Diego had me already contacted, as he also has also parts of the black/green suitcases. Of course he immediately wanted to buy the shirt case. We are in contact since I brought light into a discussion about luggage on the 356registry. I supplied him with infos he could use in the 000 article with the luggage.

https://forum.porsche356registry.org...76a3c56a1af378

enjoy and best regards,
      from
      Bavaria

haul
      erwin_loves_polo

Comment

Btw….Porsport, Don Ahearn had the set of black/green suitcases offered…unfortunately sold within minutes…likewise the 356 suitcases..

Attached Files
        erwin_loves_polo

Comment

Working...
        X