Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for 12V battery for 1972 911T (the dual battery setup)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 12V battery for 1972 911T (the dual battery setup)

Hey folks -

I need to replace one of the two 12V batteries in my 1972 911T. I'm having trouble finding a source - the usual parts suppliers either don't have it (Stoddard) or only allow local pick-up (Pelican, Sierra Madre). Any recommendations?

BTW, I'm resigned to buying the Genuine Porsche one, as it's my understanding that there isn't a good 3rd party option available any more (like the previously-made Interstate battery). I'd love to be wrong about that, so suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

-- Tom and Aubergine

Call Susie at Lauderdale Battery. 954-525-5557.

You want the Sonnenschein A512/40A but she'll know. She deals with Porsche guys all the time.

Comment

Actually, Tom, I keep these in stock for my personal cars and may have an extra. I can check on Thursday.

Comment

I understand the Interstate MTP-T4, which is also a DieHard battery here, size looks correct to fit. In both offerings they show the size spec and it looks like it should be an easy fit. Note that I also saw this mentioned on some posts on the other forum.

https://www.interstatebatteries.com/products/mtp-t4

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
        autoforeign@gmail.com
        67S's......

Comment

Thanks, JP! Great to hear there's a 3rd party alternative. I'll wait to hear from you if you've got an extra, but if not, I'll reach out to Lauderdale Battery.

Comment

Originally posted by twilbur View Post
            Thanks, JP! Great to hear there's a 3rd party alternative. I'll wait to hear from you if you've got an extra, but if not, I'll reach out to Lauderdale Battery.
            I have one. Sent you a text.

Comment

Working...
            X