Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Basketweave Vinyl? Anyone seen it?

One of my favorite cars, my Italian Ossi Blue over red 69S has some slight water damage to one of the door panels. But it's red basketweave and I've never seen it for sale anywhere. Anyone have a lead or, even better, a stash?

If you can supply the plain vinyl in the correct color and sufficient thickness there’s a possibility to have it basketweaved. I think 70x50 cm is the dimension that fits in the ultrasonic mold
    Last edited by uai; 05-03-2022, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Look at some of the VW upholstery companies. Sewfine Interiors or similar may have what you need since red basket weave was an interior option on vintage VWs in the 50’s and 60’s. If they don’t have it, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Stretch

Comment

Originally posted by Stretch32 View Post
        Look at some of the VW upholstery companies. Sewfine Interiors or similar may have what you need since red basket weave was an interior option on vintage VWs in the 50’s and 60’s. If they don’t have it, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Stretch
        But pay attention as the grain of some years is totally different to the Porsche/BMW/Volvo Basketweave
        This color and grain is available
        Last edited by uai; 05-03-2022, 05:39 AM.

Comment

I may have some scraps but not enough for an entire door panel.

Comment

Working...
          X