Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Prices for the Early 911s Falling?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Prices for the Early 911s Falling?

I am curious re what appears to be the softening of the market for the early Porche 911s/912s. Two cars, an early 65 911 and a 67 S both were RNM at the most recent Pebble Beach auctions. The 65 911 stalled out at 220k and the 67 S at 200k. A 66 911 that sold for 224k last year at Bonham’s Monterey auction sold last week for 140k at Broad Arrow. The car had been driven only an additional 79 miles. I am aware of the 65 911 that sold on BaT for 265k, but, for a variety of reasons, I consider that to be an outlier. There is a discussion hosted by the PCA that can be found on YouTube entitled “Where’s The Porsche Market After The Auctions in Monterey?” that explores this very subject (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePOJao-QQ4Y). Thoughts and opinions welcomed.

Prices appear be softening for those who buy them to place in their pile of chips. Driver and enthusiast prices seem to be pretty solid.
    John Audette
    www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Originally posted by jaudette3 View Post
      Prices appear be softening for those who buy them to place in their pile of chips. Driver and enthusiast prices seem to be pretty solid.
      Well said!

Another way of looking at it: "If you take care of your Porsche it will take care of you." Buy for the long term and for pride of ownership.

And yes, prices are softening at the moment.
      Former British Leyland mechanic, remember them?
      Long Beach, CA

Comment

I think the best cars are still appreciating as the dollar slides. My recent 73S targa sold at the very tip-top of the market and I was just offered $400k as a starting point for my 69S soft window (not for sale). I do think that the lesser cars are finally softening a bit and I'm glad they are.

Comment

Working...
        X