Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Locating A Car

Hello everyone!!

New member here. I absolutely love the early 911's and would love to be able to own one soon!! Ive worked on many early 911's and 912's over the years, and there is just nothing like them. I am here seeking your guys' help/expertise tracking down my grandfathers beloved 1969 911 T in Bahama Yellow. I remember being a little kid sitting in this car, and would absolutely love to know if it's still out there, and connect with the current owner if possible. I haven't seen the car in over 15 years. After my grandfather passed away, the car was sold by a family member before I was old enough to wrench on it and restore it to it's former glory. Unfortunately, I don't have any paper work, vin number etc. I do have a door key though! ha! One thing that is going for me in this quest is that I was able to track it down a few years ago via a classic car dealers website, and then on another classic car website. I reached out to them, but never got a response. The car was beautifully restored, and looked amazing. It's a special car because my grandfather worked for ABC as a cameraman for many years, and the ad on the website mentioned it. It was a one owner, California car until it was sold. So whoever owns it now most likely knows the back story about my grandpa, where it came from etc. as it was mentioned in the two ads I was able to find. I will attach some pictures from the website. Anyways, I apologize for the long message. If you guys have any suggestions on how to find the car, or if you even own the car please don't hesitate to reach out!! I'd love to see this car again as it was a big part of my childhood. Thanks for reading, and happy to be apart of this awesome forum!
    Attached Files

It would be very very hard without having the vehicle id number. You could have a title clerk in your Grandfather's state research the old vehicle registration records, cars in your Grandfather's name and get the vehicle id from that and then ask them to research any owners in the state that had that id number registered. THEN you could use this site to see if it is currently registered. https://vitu.com

Comment

Isn't Vitu.com Montana only??

Comment

Working...
      X