X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "White Collection" coming to RM/Sothebys

Quite a collection to say the least. I hoping to visit it before it goes to auction.
    https://rmsothebys.com/en/home/lots/...N&FromYear=NaN
    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Ramani chased my car for months before I sold it to him. It was kind of like fly fishing. Keep throwing different patterns and eventually you'll get a hit. Of course with him it was higher and higher offers until it got my attention. It's the '58 T2A speedster with the original Glaspar. I'm also familiar with the medium ivory 67S SWT. It was at Dave's where they were trying to correct some poor restoration work done elsewhere.

Comment

Incredible collection. I think the estimates are on the high side, but the sale will tell all.

Comment

Vinod was just hit with a fine of $28.8M for copyright infringement. Ironically that appears to be in the neighborhood of what his collection is worth. At first it appears the penalty is not commensurate with the offense, but then again it's in Texas.
        John Audette
        www.911bestinclass.com

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Shea View Post
          I'm also familiar with the medium ivory 67S SWT. It w
          what is the issue with he color? it had been golden before...looks like sweet vanilla...
          erwin_loves_polo

Comment

Medium ivory is the original color

Comment

thank you, learned sth new..and this makes the car even more interesting..!

„Medium Ivory (W24/mediumelfenbein) is a vintage Porsche color that goes back to 1966. Originally carrying paint number/color number 6821/17657, Medium Ivory was offered as a special order body color“
              haul
              it´s easy on a triumph
              Last edited by haul; 10-05-2023, 10:48 AM.
              erwin_loves_polo

Comment

Originally posted by jaudette3 View Post
                Vinod was just hit with a fine of $28.8M for copyright infringement. Ironically that appears to be in the neighborhood of what his collection is worth. At first it appears the penalty is not commensurate with the offense, but then again it's in Texas.
                Not a Texas judgement. Federal court. Texas would be $128.8 million. We actually enforce our laws down here.

Comment

• jaudette3
                  jaudette3
                  Really?
                  jaudette3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Federal court but the judge and jury were Texans. I grew up in Bryan, Texas and they actually taught Texas History in school.

Imho, sad to see Vinod leave the hobby. He spread a lot of $ around, spent $ on some restorations, and parts. I've seen this in the past from a few other wealthy guys who move from one hobby to another. As far as the judgement, that was late 2018, I think it was settled before it went to appeal. Vinod told me he was just looking forward to more time with family and more travel to his multiple homes.

Imho this hobby/business of cars and parts can be a bit of a noose around my own neck.
                Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
                autoforeign@gmail.com
                67S's......

Comment

Working...
                X