X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statement of Support for JP

I'm going to be way too personal here because I care about JP and his feelings. So please bear with me and try not to gag.

I had been involved very early on with JP in discussing the situation at the other longhood registry and I was probably one of the catalysts for what has ensued. However I didn't go all the way in with JP and the early group because I was not in favor of prosecuting the other principals directly, particularly one of whom had always treated me well. My perception was that he was perhaps a bit too informal from a legal point of view but I didn't see him as running some kind of substantial criminal enterprise. So for me it was enough to build an alternative resource that would ensure continuity regardless of what happened to the original forum.

I still don't feel any need to police the world, I've been there and one that. As I told JP, I have (regretfully) been a moralist most of my life. Always quick to bemoan moral and legal wrong doing on the part of others and to fight for what I thought was the right side. And I have plenty of scars to prove it. Three large court cases, two of which I won but all of which caused me financial suffering. One career set-back after resigning over policies I thought dishonest. A few years ago I became worn out from that attitude, always fighting. So I backed off and tried to be less judgemental. There was a "who the hell do you think you are" moment. I think I'm in a better place now as I've gotten much stronger in my faith as I've aged and perhaps have a better perspective because of it.

I *fully support* what JP and the other early movers are doing. I believe that it's constructive for the entire community. As we used to say in the 60's, you're either part of the problem or part of the solution. The group here is obviously part of the solution. In the final analysis we all hope that our actions tilt the world a bit more toward goodness than the other way and I believe that this enterprise is doing that.

John
    ADMIN
    Administrator
    Last edited by ADMIN; 05-03-2022, 06:21 PM.
    John Audette
    www.911bestinclass.com

Thanks, John. And you're right. It was you and I in the beginning talking about the problems we saw that ultimately led to the creation of this new registry. Glad to see you here and I very much appreciate your post.

Comment

Working...
    X