• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twilbur View Post
    Hey
    JP
    aka LiveFromNY
    JP do you still have any rear view mirror adhesive material? I'm replacing mine, and would love to do it right. I've got the gray from Pelican, but I'd prefer the black.

For what it's worth, the Sierra Madre link at the top of the thread doesn't work but the black adhesive listing is this one ($27.75).

(edit: found the black one at SMC, so no need to discuss the dark gray one they have)
    Hey mate,

Text me your address and I'll drop one in the mail to you.

JP

Comment

FWIW, the 3M 5952 tape is 0.045" thick.

That same tape is available in rolls on Amazon, but in the 0.025" thick, part number 3M 5925.

This is VERY handy for high strength applications.

Comment

Note that handling this material can be difficult, with folding onto itself can create an impossible to remove bunched fold.

My experience is that storage in the freezer prior to usage (then periodically throughout extended usage) GREATLY decreases the bunched fold problem. Plus the tape can frequently become unbunched when extremely cold, instead of always ending up in the trash bin for room temperature tape.

The greatest difficulty w/ this tape is removal of the red adhesive liner. There are tricks, like application of the exposed adhesive tape side to the work surface prior to removal of the liner, that sometimes works better to detach the liner.

Comment

Working...
        X