Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swap Meet Cancelled on Sunday Lit Meet Weekend!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap Meet Cancelled on Sunday Lit Meet Weekend!!!

The Sunday swap meet put on by the 356 Club on Sunday of Lit meet weekend has been cancelled.

Here's the note I received last night:
    URGENT MESSAGE ABOUT THE SWAP MEET
    SWAP MEET SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY 2/25/24 IS CANCELLED

It is with a heavy heart that I announce to you that the Swap Meet - which has been an annual tradition during Toy & Lit Week for many years, more than I can even recall - is now cancelled.

Unfortunately, the heavy rainfall experienced in SoCal this year has resulted in the ground at the location to become severely water logged and not suitable for driving vehicles on. Although, we do all of our transactions on paved surfaces, the majority of the vehicles that attend the event are parked on grass and/or dirt. Without the availability of the off pavement parking, we will not be able to have ample space for the buyers to attend. The surrounding areas have limited street parking and the alternative parking lots are either too remote to be practical or they do not allow us to use them. Sadly, given the date of the event, we have to cancel rather than try to quickly secure another location.

The 356 Club of Southern California is made up of all of you, and all of the Porsche enthusiasts that make this brand and this community a great place to call home. Your support of the Club is a crucial part of our ability to put on great events for the Porsche community such as the All Porsche Swap Meet, the Concours D'Elegance, North Meets South, Palms to Pines and many others. We are grateful for you continued generosity and hope that you will join us again.
    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Efforts are being made to secure another venue for Sunday. More of a rumor at this point, hopefully we'll all know soon.
    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Comment

Working...
    X