Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes 911 keys?

Hi,

I own a 1966 911. Who can make ignition keys for me? Can it be done by using the VIN?

Thank You,
    Mike Hechinger

I've had great service from Keys 4 Classics. They cut some keys for my '67 912 from a photo and I know they do work by keycode/VIN etc. No idea what's possible for your '66 but they'd certainly be able to advise you.

http://keys4classics.com/
    JP
    aka LiveFromNY
    Last edited by JP; 05-05-2022, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Hi Mike, Welcome!

Well, unforunately I can't give you a reference, but I will with a bit of research elsewhere (back to you soon). But, I will say that you shouldn't use Tony Euganeo. He has a set of my 67S door handles and never returned them. I'm not alone, there's a few threads on him elsewhere. Some have been luckier than others, but we shouldn't have to "take our chances" with a supplier. I ended up using Victor Miles for my door handles, but that was a restoration of the handles and included correct keys with stampings, and that's not what you need.

Eric

Edit: There ya go!
      Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
      autoforeign@gmail.com
      67S's......

Comment

I have had them made locally, not a big deal. I ordered some from Porsche with my key code and they never worked.

Comment

you should have a code inscribed on the ignition switch. (if no one has worked that lock) Sierra Madre should be able to cut you a key.
          i used them on my 1968. i gave them the code off of my kardex and they cut the key and had it back to me in about a week.

Comment

Keys that I got from Sierra Madre by key code, one for a 911SC, the other for a 356A, were mediocre. Key for a 1973 911 that I got by key code from Porsche is excellent.
            Former British Leyland mechanic, remember them?
            Long Beach, CA

Comment

Originally posted by bob joyce View Post
              you should have a code inscribed on the ignition switch. (if no one has worked that lock) Sierra Madre should be able to cut you a key.
              i used them on my 1968. i gave them the code off of my kardex and they cut the key and had it back to me in about a week.
              I gave them the code off my key card

Comment

Originally posted by flatsixer View Post

I gave them the code off my key card
                Always bragging!

Comment

Working...
                X