X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Metallic: special-order color code 224, Pepita black/white seats

I was referred to this website by Porsche Classic service manager. I've owned my 1973.5 Porsche 911T for almost 40 years. I'm in the process of having it restored back to its original color and factory specifications. Previous owner painted over the special-order Green Metallic color code 224. It isn't even listed for the 1973 models. In my over 40 years of having this Porsche (and a couple of others), I have NEVER seen this color live on any original Porsche.

Has anyone out there seen a Green Metallic color code 224 on a Porsche? And the original black/white Pepita seats? If so, where? Do you know who owns and have any contact information to share with me?

This seems a unique color and option combination and trying to find out more info. Thank you in advance for any information. Frank

One of my favorite colors. I have a photo of a 224 car with brown seats and pepita but no idea where it came from.

Comment

Sounds like a great car, can you post pictures for us? Can’t seem to pull this color from my memory. Hope all goes well with whatever shop is doing your work.

Comment

Huge rabbit hole for this color. I've owned one, and when repainted in 1994 we couldn't get the original formula correct for 1971, so we went with a formula we "could get" which was a couple of years later (1973).

Metallic green was offered from 1970, Porsche has 2+ color numbers, 8383 being one of them, but the 3 digit offered color number changes per year, and so does the color imho. The color was offered in 1973, as an optional color, and the factory color charts support this, offering color was 8383. It's shown below in the bottom picture.

I had an original paint 1971 E targa, it's the lighter color below with a bit of a gold tint to it. I had it painted, and the closest we could get was the 1973 version which had a LOT more blue in it (for lack of a better word), and was darker. My opinion what we ended up with was actually even darker than what was available in 1973, and more blue in it. Personally I think the factory 1973 color was in between the 2 colors pictured below.

Edit: The car didn't have Pepita in it from new, but the guy who bought the car from me purchased some Pepita from me (I was having it woven at the time) in blk/white/green, which looked stunning in the car.

Click image for larger version  Name:	71E targa green my old car.jpg Views:	0 Size:	193.6 KB ID:	12659

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0258.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.2 KB ID:	12657

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0259.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.1 KB ID:	12658
        soterik
        HTH....!
        Last edited by soterik; 04-30-2024, 05:38 PM.
        Ah, but I was so much older then
        I'm younger than that now....

www.autoforeignservices.com
        autoforeign@gmail.com
        67S's......

Comment

funny, I have a '73 1/2 CIS car that is viper green, had one owner from 1974 until 2023, he stripped the car to bare metal, every square inch is viper green, but the car was original special order metallic green.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C5ED9E70-F637-474E-8D3D-EB4A4D73CF52.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	12661

Comment

metallic green had been quite long on the list,
            but changing ID numbers throughout the years..

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/pors...-pictures.html
            Attached Files
            haul
            it´s easy on a triumph
            Last edited by haul; 05-01-2024, 10:16 AM.
            erwin_loves_polo

Comment

Did someone edit my post? I had another picture of the metallic green car up there with original paint....
              Ah, but I was so much older then
              I'm younger than that now....

www.autoforeignservices.com
              autoforeign@gmail.com
              67S's......

Comment

Hey Blucille, small world. I looked at your window sticker and saw the spoiler for $135. I guess that is what the steel S front bumper option is called. The crazy part is the car came from the Automaster ! My property here at home is joined with the Automaster. They no longer have the dealership as of about 10 years ago. One of the only states with NO Porsche dealer. So in 73 they only had 1 or 2 cars at a time, and I touched every one of them. Don’t remember that specific car, but I am sure I saw it on the lot.
                Eric, yes, the greens are hard to match. I just had to put a new deck lid on my 3.0 Carrera and it was hard to match. Not perfect but acceptable. Viper green metallic.
                just tried to upload the picture and says file to big! What up?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Cabell View Post
                  Hey Blucille, small world. I looked at your window sticker and saw the spoiler for $135. I guess that is what the steel S front bumper option is called. The crazy part is the car came from the Automaster ! My property here at home is joined with the Automaster. They no longer have the dealership as of about 10 years ago. One of the only states with NO Porsche dealer. So in 73 they only had 1 or 2 cars at a time, and I touched every one of them. Don’t remember that specific car, but I am sure I saw it on the lot.
                  Eric, yes, the greens are hard to match. I just had to put a new deck lid on my 3.0 Carrera and it was hard to match. Not perfect but acceptable. Viper green metallic.
                  just tried to upload the picture and says file to big! What up?
                  You're trying to upload an HEIC image file. That's a proprietary Apple file format that almost no forums support. You need to convert to JPG. Lots of free converters out there.
                  JP
                  aka LiveFromNY
                  Last edited by JP; 05-02-2024, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Great color, we used to call it coke bottle green. Metallic paints in the 70's didn't last long, the clear coat would start to haze and develop micro cracks.

Comment

Working...
                    X