X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuchs Restoration/Refinishing

Who's the go-to guy now for refinishing Fuchs? I know Al retired a couple of years ago and Harvey, IF he's up and going again, is certainly back logged. There was a later set on BaT that sold and were finished by Peter Nguyen, anybody here ever use him? Reco's appreciated.

I have a set done by Peter. I think they're fine. I also use FuchRestoration.com and have been happy with their work as well. Are either of them Harvey? No. But they're 95% and I'll actually see my wheels again before I die.

Comment

I have used Peter (Instagram: theFuchGuy) for all my Fuchs and American Racing Torque Thrust wheels. He does a great job and you don't need to wait three + years to get your wheels.

Harvey does great wheels but IMHO not worth the premium and/or the wait time.

/Ravi
      rgupta250
      Sports Purpose 911
      Last edited by rgupta250; 05-18-2022, 05:52 PM.

Comment

So, not being on Instagram, and unable to find another way to contact him, that I’ve found at least, I’ll reach out to Ed at FR. Maybe Peter doesn’t ‘need’ the business, OR, I’m lame……don’t answer that!

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2mny View Post
          So, not being on Instagram, and unable to find another way to contact him, that I’ve found at least, I’ll reach out to Ed at FR. Maybe Peter doesn’t ‘need’ the business, OR, I’m lame……don’t answer that!
          You have a PM.

Comment

After two years trying to get a reply from Harvey, (the best), I sent my wheels to fuchs restoration and got them back in 3 weeks. Maybe not Harvey perfect but as JP says 95%.
            I know he is the best, but I got the feeling that Harvey has his customers and is not interested in new ones. I would have appreciated a reply to an email, PM or phone call, but never got one.

Comment

Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
              After two years trying to get a reply from Harvey, (the best), I sent my wheels to fuchs restoration and got them back in 3 weeks. Maybe not Harvey perfect but as JP says 95%.
              I know he is the best, but I got the feeling that Harvey has his customers and is not interested in new ones. I would have appreciated a reply to an email, PM or phone call, but never got one.
              It's incredible to me how people at the old hang tiptoe around the reality because they're afraid of pissing Harvey off but once you speak privately they all have the same story. I had him do some fuchs years ago and the wait was shocking. I think the last set was almost 2 years. But the worst is the terrible communication. It's no exaggeration that he failed to answer at least a dozen calls and emails over that couple year period. He just flat-out ignored me. He did manage to call a couple years after but only to berate me when I made a post that referred to him as an artist but warned that you needed to be patient. He was not pleased that someone was telling the truth even in a friendly way.
              JP
              aka LiveFromNY
              Last edited by JP; 05-16-2022, 07:45 PM.

Comment

At "the old hang" any complaints about Esposito were summarily deleted. Only when they became a tidal wave witch cost many innocents did they finally relent.

Comment

I have used Peter on dozens of sets and I can say:
                  • Turn around time is amazing- literally can send him a set and have it back in ~ 2 weeks.
                  • Quality and "correctness" of the anodization is excellent.
                  • Paint finish on the centers for later black centered Fuch's is good but durability long term doesn't match original.
                  • Communication is good
                  • Packaging is excellent
                  • Pricing is very reasonable
                  I have used the others over the years and my experience mirrors others, great quality but one better have the patience of Job and no expectation of any timeline.

Comment

2 or 3 weeks turnaround is amazing. My Fuchs guy in Germany takes around 3 months to finish a set.

Comment

Who does the refinishing for EJM of Tuxedo Park, NY, who sells on BaT? His wheels have the original finish inside, which I really like.

I'm going to speak up for Harvey. I have only had a couple of phone calls with him, no wheels refinished. Both times we talked, he had gave me a ton information. I know of others whom he has helped, again without getting much in return. In my opinion, he is one of the old guard who made the early 911 world what it is. The guy simply loves the cars, so give the guy some respect.
                      Former British Leyland mechanic, remember them?
                      Long Beach, CA

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
                        But the worst is the terrible communication. It's no exaggeration that he failed to answer at least a dozen calls and emails over that couple year period. He just flat-out ignored me. He did manage to call a couple years after but only to berate me when I made a post that referred to him as an artist but warned that you needed to be patient. He was not pleased that someone was telling the truth even in a friendly way.
                        A dozen calls? Try 50. I'm sure he's a nice guy and his work is 2nd to none but the guy doesn't know anything about customer service. I gave up and used Al for years and now use fuchsrestoration.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom F2 View Post
                          Who does the refinishing for EJM of Tuxedo Park, NY, who sells on BaT? His wheels have the original finish inside, which I really like.
                          They're done by fuchsrestoration.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Keller View Post

They're done by fuchsrestoration.com.
                            Mine from them came out very nice. Very pleased with the quality and customer service.

Comment

I use Peter, and have never been disappointed. If you dont want the insides redone, just let him know and he will leave the insides alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X