X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickP View Post
    I’ve heard rumors that Recaro may be expanding its Classic line to include seats that are appropriate for F body cars. Anyone else hear that?
    Nope, haven't heard that... however it wouldn't surprise me if they did. They have expanded their line to include some of the classic seats. I saw them at the lit meet in the Stoddard booth and they look nice, and the corduroy is spot on (imho) for the bucket seat type of cord we are familiar with.

I wonder what accomodations they would have to make to current TUV or DOT laws to bring them to market. A bit like how the Bosch/Porsche venture with the 65-68 turn and tail lights did with all the stampings on the lenses so that they meet current laws. Aside from the seat frame, and the recliner, and then flame retardant materials, how do you get the old single and double locker seat frames to meet current laws? Probably can be done similarly to how the current reproduction of the seat base is being done with the slider mechanism.

I started down the road of making a full seat back in 2016. I have a prototype recliner that I never moved forward with. Should be interesting to see if they move forward, wonder how much $$, but I guess the curren seating at Stoddard would give some indication, they are $2000+ to $2500+ right now with no bases.

e
    Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
    autoforeign@gmail.com
    67S's......

Comment

It was at the Lit meet that someone from Recaro told my friend they were considering this. I actually really like the Classic LX and LS offerings from Recaro. I'd buy a set for my ST if I could get past the fact that the originals wern't produced for a decade+ after my car was built and therefore look too modern to me, but I sure love the comfort. I have a set of nice ST repos but I don't find them to very comfortable. Maybe if I had the same body as an Italian bike rider....

Click image for larger version  Name:	done 025.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.8 KB ID:	2817
      NickP
      Euro 73S and 72T —> ST
      Last edited by NickP; 05-26-2022, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X