Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Denver checking in!

Hi All,

I'm Eddie. I met JP on a plane today where I was rudely looking over his shoulder and asked him about this website that he was viewing. Quick convo later, and here I am. I'm a former 67S owner but sold the car 15 years ago. I've been thinking seriously about getting another and JP suggested this was a good place to get reacquainted with the community and ask some questions as I started my hunt.

Sorry for the long-winded intro! Glad to be here!

Eddie G.

Come on Eddie................. Don't be shy! Ask away! How lucky for you to be seated next to JP? I don't have a car for you, but someone does! Welcome to this great community.

Click image for larger version

Name:	air cooled 2 car garage.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	2848

Comment

Welcome! Any 67S owner is a friend of mine (even former owners). What car number did you have? Pic? I have a certain fondness for 67S's having owned/own a few.

Name:	67S at Redmond European.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	2852 Click image for larger version

Name:	67S Denver 1.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	2853

Reminiscing the old days,.. only brings more regret...

www.autoforeignservices.com
      autoforeign@gmail.com
      67S's......

Comment

Yes, this is how low I've sunk. I'm now recruiting innocent bystanders on airplanes. I suppose I should just be glad that when Eddie glanced over my shoulder I was on this site as opposed to googling "teenage cheerleading nurses" as is my SOP.

Welcome, Eddie! Glad to have you here!

Comment

Originally posted by DanielJ View Post
          Come on Eddie................. Don't be shy! Ask away! How lucky for you to be seated next to JP? I don't have a car for you, but someone does! Welcome to this great community.

Name:	air cooled 2 car garage.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	2848
          You're making me very jealous, Daniel. And not just the cars. What's the story of this?

Name:	paintinh.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	2882

Comment

Another owner from Denver. Very nice. Hope to see you at the Denver Concourse at Arapahoe Community Collage on So. Santa Fe June 5th.
            My car will be there. Look me up.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yet another owner in Denver. FYI, the Denver area has one of the most active Porsche Club of America regions (Rocky Mountain Region), and we often combine activities with the neighboring Alpine Mountain Region. But I don't do concourses; I'm a racer. That weekend I'll be racing the Wold Cup at Cadwell Park, United Kingdom.

https://early911registry.com/registry/porsche/119121619
              Last edited by raspritz; 05-27-2022, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
                Yes, this is how low I've sunk. I'm now recruiting innocent bystanders on airplanes. I suppose I should just be glad that when Eddie glanced over my shoulder I was on this site as opposed to googling "teenage cheerleading nurses" as is my SOP.

Welcome, Eddie! Glad to have you here!
                If you break out sandwich boards, we might step in for an intervention. HEY! an idea for the marketing thread!

Comment

Originally posted by 70SATMan View Post

If you break out sandwich boards, we might step in for an intervention.
                  Don't judge. It's on the list.
                  JP
                  aka LiveFromNY
                  Last edited by JP; 05-27-2022, 07:47 PM.

Comment

You're making me very jealous, Daniel. And not just the cars. What's the story of this?

Name:	paintinh.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	2882
                    When we acquired the home next to our residence, it came full of all the items from the previous owners that didn’t make the cut for their move to Florida, and can tell you, there was tons of stuff to cull. The artist of the couple living there was prolific with many unfinished and finished compositions by her. Some of the “leftovers” were nice while others were the results of her refinement process on what was put to canvas. The artwork in the picture had always been relegated to the garage.

Thanks for your interest.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielJ View Post

When we acquired the home next to our residence, it came full of all the items from the previous owners that didn’t make the cut for their move to Florida, and can tell you, there was tons of stuff to cull. The artist of the couple living there was prolific with many unfinished and finished compositions by her. Some of the “leftovers” were nice while others were the results of her refinement process on what was put to canvas. The artwork in the picture had always been relegated to the garage.

Thanks for your interest.
                      Very cool. I'm a huge fan of that 1960's art nouveau, London-influenced style of art.

Comment

Originally posted by soterik View Post
                        Welcome! Any 67S owner is a friend of mine (even former owners). What car number did you have? Pic? I have a certain fondness for 67S's having owned/own a few.
                        Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! Glad to be here!

I'm reaching to out the current owner of my car to get the VIN and related details that I've forgotten. Either I'll invite him or I'll post the to the registry myself.

Chris Pomares
                        2.4L
                        Chris Pomares - I'm going to try and make that event and will indeed look you up!
                        Gananarama
                        2.0L
                        Last edited by Gananarama; 05-29-2022, 01:16 PM.

Comment

I suppose I should just be glad that when Eddie glanced over my shoulder I was on this site as opposed to googling "teenage cheerleading nurses" as is my SOP.
                          JP
                          aka LiveFromNY
                          JP - Are you suggesting you have a second website suggestion for me?!? I'm all ears!

Comment

Working...
                          X