X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 1970 is driving again!

I won't say it's 'done' at this point because there are tons of little things to sort out, but being able to take it out for a weekend drive has really reinvigorated my work on the car (after 2 years of work, I was definitely losing some steam...). my friend and I traded cars while we were out driving today, and while the Cayman was great--surefooted, powerful, and quick--the raw feeling of this car with the 2.7 out back was really a blast (that said, on the damp sections in particular there was something reassuring about being in a car with big tires and traction control just in case).

the color really changes a lot based on the light--bright blue in direct sun, purple-ish in softer light, and dark blue in darker/overcast conditions. I'm no great photographer, but hope you enjoy the pictures!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7418.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	2932 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7302.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	2931 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7412.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	2930

Attached Files

congratulations for hanging in there
    looks terrific.

Comment

nice car what color is it?

Comment

Congrats on getting out on the road. Very attractive car.

Comment

Outstanding! And just in time for driving season...

Comment

Wonderful! Looks beautiful!

Comment

thanks for the kind words, guys!

color is dalmatian blue.

Comment

Boy, that Dalmation is hard to beat. I'm curious as I'm shopping for a car now. You mentioned "2 years of work". Can you share what that entailed and how much you did yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Gananarama View Post
                  Boy, that Dalmation is hard to beat. I'm curious as I'm shopping for a car now. You mentioned "2 years of work". Can you share what that entailed and how much you did yourself?
                  thanks, I'm really happy with the color, and the depth of the single-stage paint is very nice!

re: timing:
                  ~3mo of disassembly (I did this work. I wasn't in a big rush because they weren't ready to paint it yet. not too bad overall but time consuming to catalog everything as you remove it)
                  ~9mo of body/paint (done by a Porsche expert; I think is pretty fast turnaround time)
                  ~12mo of reassembly (I did this work myself other than the headliner and carpet)

there's lots of waiting due to shipping/product availability delays right now, which definitely impacted my reassembly time

hope that helps!

Comment

Originally posted by np View Post

thanks, I'm really happy with the color, and the depth of the single-stage paint is very nice!

re: timing:
                    ~3mo of disassembly (I did this work. I wasn't in a big rush because they weren't ready to paint it yet. not too bad overall but time consuming to catalog everything as you remove it)
                    ~9mo of body/paint (done by a Porsche expert; I think is pretty fast turnaround time)
                    ~12mo of reassembly (I did this work myself other than the headliner and carpet)

there's lots of waiting due to shipping/product availability delays right now, which definitely impacted my reassembly time

hope that helps!
                    Yes, very helpful. Thank you.

Comment

Where'd you buy your yellow headlight lenses?

Comment

I have 2 of everything for my car to avoid downtime.

Comment

Originally posted by dogleg View Post
                          Where'd you buy your yellow headlight lenses?
                          audette collection/acshop

Comment

Working...
                          X