Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But, and a big but, the RSR style sport muffler took over 9 months to show up… Eisenmann claimed challenges related to C-19 supply chain issues and personnel… And as we didn’t need them for a while, we put up with it… In the end it showed up and looked pretty good…

Click image for larger version

Name:	Eisenmann RSR Muffler 1.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	6516 Click image for larger version

Name:	Eisenmann RSR Muffler 2.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	6517 Click image for larger version

Name:	Eisenmann RSR Muffler 3.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	6515 Click image for larger version

Name:	Eisenmann RSR Muffler 4.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	6514

Comment

• Between the time of ordering the Eisenmann system and final delivery of the RSR style muffler… Bursch announced they were building headers with heat… They looked pretty good, so we thought we would give them a try, and see which performed best between the Eisenmann and the Bursch, and which would be closest to the Friedrich 42mm ID RSR style race exhaust system we used for the engine dyno testing…

I contacted Bursch and explained what we wanted to do, and that we would share dyno info back, and Bursch pointed us to Sierra Madre to get a pair, and the process couldn’t have gone smoother (I can’t speak highly enough of the communication and engagement from Jorge Perez at Bursch and Chris Ashworth at Sierra Madre)…

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bursch 1.png Views:	0 Size:	412.7 KB ID:	6520 Click image for larger version  Name:	Bursch 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.4 KB ID:	6522 Click image for larger version  Name:	Bursch 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.1 KB ID:	6521 Click image for larger version  Name:	Bursch 4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	198.9 KB ID:	6519 Click image for larger version  Name:	Bursch 5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.8 KB ID:	6523
      dwa911
      Hasta la vista... Baby
      Last edited by dwa911; 07-30-2022, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• DYNO DAY 2:

We knew it was an unfair comparison to make on Arnold - a 3.0 liter RSR high butterfly MFI engine with 44.3mm ports and the Friedrich Motorsport headers with 44mm ID...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Arnold Exhaust Port Measurement.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.9 KB ID:	6525
        dwa911
        Hasta la vista... Baby
        Last edited by dwa911; 07-30-2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• Knowing that the Bursch or the Eisenmann were never going to be a match for the Friedrich Motorsport headers for performance, but we were just hoping for a minimal loss...

We ended up not taking the dyno pulls to max RPM, as it was evident, the Bursch and Eisenmann weren’t going to be even close… The torque curves were similar, albeit lower, but the horsepower was significantly lower – around 40+ HP when we stopped… So, I don’t want to give numbers as we aborted the test before it was complete, and would be unfair…

In short, both were just down overall on HP and torque... However, I imagine they would perform much better on stock or modified motors with smaller exhaust ports like the 3.0 RoW Carrera, SC or especially 3.2 Carrera with 38mm exhaust ports, and would recommend people give them a try...

Here is a look at the ID and OD measurements…

BURSCH

ID - 38.6mm
          OD – 40.9mm

Name:	Bursch ID.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	6527 Click image for larger version

Name:	Bursch OD.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	6528

Comment

• EISENMANN

ID – 39.2mm
            OD – 42mm

Name:	Eisenmann ID.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	6530 Click image for larger version

Name:	Eisenmann OD.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	6531

Comment

• Back at Differs – post dyno day 2:

A little extra protection from the heat and the Friedrich Motorsport exhaust installed and waiting for a new challenger…

Name:	Extra protection from heat.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	6534

Name:	Freidrich Motorsport Exhaust installed floor shot.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	6536 Click image for larger version

Name:	Back at Differs post dyno day 2.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	6535

Comment

• Wow, That is quite the ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
                  Wow, That is quite the ride!
                  Thanks for the kind words! Really appreciate it!

Comment

• SHAKEDOWN:

Joost and Leon, sent me a teaser shot… Getting close…

Name:	Filling up.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	6700

Comment

• Doesn't look too eager to give it back, just a bit more tuning

Comment

• dwa911
                        Hasta la vista... Baby
                        Last edited by dwa911; 08-04-2022, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Just a quick post here... It is also in other places...

I'm looking for an early 914/6 narrow interior rear view mirror Porsche part number 914 731 002 10 for Schtroumpf... Preferably NOS, but open to excellent "pre-owned" as they say here in the UK... I'm trying to adapt to my new home!

If anyone has one tucked away they would be willing to part with to go to a good cause - Schtroumpf - just let me know!

Photos for illustrative purposes - this is what I'm looking for...

Thanks!
                          David

Comment

• Shakedown continues... finding and fixing small issues...

And the Differs guys keep sending me teaser shots! Schtroumpf keeping good company...

Name:	IMG_8978.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	6756

Comment

• The random teaser shot from the guys at Differs... Shakedown continues...

Name:	Teaser 1.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	6793

Comment

• WEIGHT:

Joost put Schtroumpf up on the scales, and texted me she came in at 1KG under 1100KG

So, 1099 KG!!

Not too bad considering that's with oil, and Joost indicated with about 35 liters of fuel... so figure about 26KG for 35 liters of fuel and we've got 1073KG... Must be the titanium wheels studs and nuts!

Still not ready for me to pick her up... But, on the upside - we are picking up my wife's Alfaholics Spider-R Giulia 101 this Saturday... The Alfaholics guys made a nice video...

Comment

Working...
                                X