Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used the carpet kits from APPBIZ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used the carpet kits from APPBIZ?

Are they any good? Doing a hotrod and want a clean look.

I've never used their early kts. I always go to Tony @ Autobahn. But I use the AppBiz carpet frequently both for later cars and for hotrod and non-stock builds on earlier cars. The owner, Bob, is a good guy and I recommend calling over ordering on their website. My favorite kit of theirs is actually their cheapest, I think they call it "plush" but it's the non-sliverknit option. It's a very close cousin to the oem 1974-75 carpet from Porsche. Very durable, almost industrial, and looks great in a hot rod.

Comment

If you just want the lightweight felt, try here https://www.fvd.net/us-en/100555100R...lbs-15-kg.html

If you haven't used...it is lightweight. I don't have footwell carpets in my car - just metal. If I did, I imagine it would be destroyed by now. But the rear seat area and shelf look great, largely because no one can access it (though somehow a 100 lb lab managed to crawl between my buckets and roll bar and get back there...took forever to get him out).

Comment

AppBiz perlon kits - used to use them all the time. They are ok, out of all the kits for perlon this is one of the good ones, the fitting is an art when already bound. The best upholstery guys put binding on after fitting and you can’t do that as easily with a pre made kit. In the end no such thing as a upholstery kit that fits out of the box

Comment

Working...
        X