Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me put a value on this? ´RS´ tire inflator bottle.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me put a value on this? ´RS´ tire inflator bottle.

Hello, first off I´m liking the forum and registry very much, great work!

Now, English is not my native tongue, so please bear with me...

I recently bought a parts lot that contained a NOS ´RS´ tire inflator bottle. From what I can tell (well, a Google search actually ) it seems to be a ´later´ type.

After posting a picture of the bottle on my Instagram I have received several messages asking me if I want to sell.

As I have no clue of its current value I thought I´d ask on here if anyone can give me an honest valuation. I know it´s not worth 10000€ but I also know it´s not something you find every day.

I´ll post some better pics later.

Thanks in advance and greetings from Belgium.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220608_135925.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	3578 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220608_140018.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	3579

P.S.: any more information (ie which models and years used these) and pictures about these would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

High collector value, esp. if it's full.
      Zero functional value (well, once...)
      You could get 1K+ if it is dated close to RS production time

Comment

Thanks George!
        It´s still sealed, but what I assume is a datestamp looks like it´s from 75.
        Any chance these were still used on the Euro MFI Carrera´s?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220609_142942.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	3584 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220609_142953.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	3585

Comment

AV911, My late production '73 RS ( chassis no. 1552 ) was delivered with a plug in compressor to inflate the spare...I would have some interest in your 'air bottle' should you decide to sell it...Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie24 View Post
            AV911, My late production '73 RS ( chassis no. 1552 ) was delivered with a plug in compressor to inflate the spare...I would have some interest in your 'air bottle' should you decide to sell it...Frank
            Hi Frank, I will keep you in mind when I decide to sell. I prefer to sell to a fellow enthousiast anyway

Arlo

Comment

Arlo, I'd take the G-body muffler you just posted on your instagram, if you plan on selling it!

Comment

Arlo, If you are shipping an item to Early Dude and you decide to part with the tire bottle ( assuming we can reach an agreed value) You might consider sending them together and I can provide ED with my fedex details to have him pass it along! Frank

Comment

Working...
                X