X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• currently painting

73 S Targa. Metal repair by Alberto Segatore. Undercoat on the hood and paint the interiors of the panels.
    Attached Files

Nice work

Comment

Very special car previously owned by Warren Hall (Early_S_Man) on the Pelican forums. Keith is killing it on this one. Very excited to see it back on the road.

Comment

Glad that car ended up in your hands JP, Warren was a very special guy. I never met him personally but he helped quite a few people on Pelican. I guess the previous rest was not done all that well. They had their heart in it though. At least it was saved from its original state.

Comment

I am working on a 73S Targa also - Signal Yellow. What color is that?

Comment

Originally posted by simonjb View Post
            I am working on a 73S Targa also - Signal Yellow. What color is that?
            114 signal yellow

Comment

So we have twins !! mine is an early one - #19.

Comment

Next batch
                Attached Files

Comment

• longballa
                  longballa
                  1972 3.2SS
                  longballa commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I see you're painting the fenders off of the car. Porsche painted them on the car. Since they're already off the car paint all the fender bolts at least so it looks as if they were painted on the car. You'll want to paint the hinge bolts as well. Since the doors are already blacked out on inside you could tape off the black areas where it stays and paint the rest of the inside of the door body color. I'm assuming the doors were hung from ceiling when sprayed not laying flat?

The inside of the doors are not going to be body color?

Comment

Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
                  The inside of the doors are not going to be body color?
                  I'm having Keith do them in red. Though it'd be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by simonjb View Post
                    So we have twins !! mine is an early one - #19.
                    Mine's 9113310098. Not sure when it was built offhand but great options with factory AC and brown interior with brown pepita seat inserts. Gonna be something when it's done.

Comment

• simonjb
                      simonjb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nice - Mine is Brown also - just spoke to Tony last Autobahn who said he will try to match the Brown. No Pepita on mine. Can't wait top see your journey.

Originally posted by flatsixer View Post
                    Glad that car ended up in your hands JP, Warren was a very special guy. I never met him personally but he helped quite a few people on Pelican. I guess the previous rest was not done all that well. They had their heart in it though. At least it was saved from its original state.
                    Thanks, mate. Yes, the previous owner, Mark, took the car back to what I'd call "excellent driver" quality. When he decided to sell it I decided it needed to be brought all the way back and we're several years into it with some bumps along the way. One of the cool things is that as I've been doing my research on some of the details I've more than once found myself reading a post on Pelican only to look at the poster and find that it was Warren posting from years ago. Kinda spooky and cool at the same time that Warren is taking part in the restoration of his car all these years later.

Comment

that's really cool that you are finding references to the original owner to do your build
                      but you are pulling are leg about inner door not body color ....ehhh

Comment

Originally posted by bob joyce View Post
                        that's really cool that you are finding references to the original owner to do your build
                        but you are pulling are leg about inner door not body color ....ehhh
                        Just having fun. Inside of the doors will be yellow. Too much black now.

Comment

Crankys Paint
                          2.0L
                          Crankys Paint This might be a good project for you:
                          http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ston-area.html

Any updates on the Targa?

Comment

Working...
                        X